2015 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Week lil car
By USACA1212

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I own a 2015 Nissan Versa Sedan SV. It is an alright car with good gas mileage and the seats are very comfortable. The car feels fine when you're driving in the city. When you stop accelerating the car is pretty quiet. However there are some drawbacks. The interior is very basic and its all black plastic even though the exterior looks a lot better than the interior. The breaks feel very awkward. While the gas pedal is very light and sensitive the breaks feel hard and you really have to push on the breaks for the car to stop. It is also extremely light which actually isn't that good. Since the car is so light you can feel every bump on the road it feels like there's an earthquake when I hit a pot hole or go over a speed bump while going 5 miles per hour. This car really needs more power it's such a pain getting this car to move after stopping. The engine drones when I accelerate and the car really has a hard time going up the slightest hill. I hate driving the car on the freeway when its windy it gets really twitchy and feels unstable. If I had the chance to buy my first car again it wouldn't be a Versa.

2015 Nissa Versa SL w/Tech Package
By John Burnham

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car in March of 2015 to replace my base model 2009 Versa, which, for me, was a marginal improvement. I also chose this particular car over several others in its class since I would be putting on more miles for my work. I was driving my wife's 2015 Nissan Altima SV (a much better car than the Versa on so many levels), but I was putting way too many miles on it. She loves her Altima, and she wants to enjoy it as long as reasonably possible.

MY CAR'S OPTIONS – Bright Silver (Limited Availability), 4D Sedan; 4 Cylinder, 1.6-Liter Engine; Automatic CVT Transmission with Xtronic *** FWD, Technology Package, Traction Control, Vehicle Dynamic Control, 4W ABS Brakes *** Keyless Entry, Keyless Start, A/C, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Cruise Control *** Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel *** AM/FM Stereo, MP3 (Single CD), SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Bluetooth Wireless, NissanConnect *** Backup Camera, Dual and Side Airbags, Front and Rear Head Curtain Airbags *** Integrated, Body-colored Rear Spoiler, Alloy Wheels.

WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT MY CAR – When I purchased this car, I loved the fact that it came fully loaded with all the features (as listed above), and lots of space for backseat passengers. The alloy wheels added a higher degree of comfort in the ride compared to the base steel rims. In comparison to other cars in its class, the Nissan Versa SL seemed to offer a lot more amenities and features for a good price than many other well-known competitors. The Xtronic CVT transmission is VERY good at maintaining highway speeds with a corresponding level of comfortable handling as well as a lower RPM rating – something that the manual transmission simply cannot provide. It's worth mentioning that the car's exterior design really doesn't look too bad either, especially in the front end; the rear can be argued to be quite typical of cars in this class.

THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT – The downside to this car is that it doesn't really seem any more fuel efficient than most other redesigned vehicles sporting a V-6 engine these days. I think I burn more gas than actually save, which is part of the reason why I'm strongly considering moving on to something bigger and better; e.g., the 2016 Dodge Charger SXT with Premium Group, which, ironically, is actually SAFER than any of the Nissan Versa trims. Ironic how a big muscle car like the Charger has a better safety rating, isn't it? As for safety, it's acceptable: The car earned a crash-test rating of 4 out of 5 stars (visit the following website for more details http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/2011-Newer+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=10184). The NHTSA reports that there have been 1 recall, 1 investigation, and 31 complaints regarding the 2015 Nissan Versa. Apart from safety, the engine (rated at 109hp) could definitely use about 31 to 50 more horses.

CONCLUSION – Overall, I strongly opine that this is a good (but necessarily great) car for everyday practical purposes, even though it has a few drawbacks. It just depends on what your car needs are, and how much you're personally willing to tolerate. It's convenient and reasonably comfortable for everyday usage. I would recommend this car to newly licensed drivers or to recent college graduates who are looking to save up some money for something bigger and better down the road. Thanks for reading my post! Please comment and/or give me a thumbs up if you thought my review was well-written and worthy of your consideration.

Great Economy
By crystal

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I love my 2015 Nissan Versa SV. It is great on gas. Red and Stylish. It has also been very reliable. Price: 15,000

Designed for regret
By Lu M

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

'15 Versa is a poorly designed and manufactured vehicle. It especially suffers from woefully cheap materials, plastics and metal, and poor manufacturing. The suspension is terrible - you will feel every crack, crevice, and pebble in the road. In cold weather, there is noise from the dashboard, windshield, and/or plastics on the outside of the windshield - the noise will drive you nuts (search online). It will become unstable over 65mph unless you have enough weight in the car. Yes, it has a ton of space in the cabin and trunk, but that's air, and the metal is so thin, there's nothing keeping the car on the road. I put 120lbs in the trunk for more stability. Obviously, there is no quality control during manufacturing. It has defects in the paint, headliner cloth, and placement of the windshield. I found 8 screws and fasteners that were not properly tightened. Back to the paper-thin body metal, you can hear pebbles, sand particles, and salt granules hitting the bottom sides of the car - I've never heard this in any other car. It feels so delicate, I'm afraid the slightest nudge or light touch will damage it. It may have a Japanese brand name, but it lacks all Japanese brand qualities. Please, look at other vehicles in this class; you will pay a little more, but you can get a far superior car. The Versa is designed for buyer's regret. Nissan burned their reputation with this car.

2015 Nissan Versa bad transmission
By Natalie Glass

2015 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Shoppers beware. I walked into a local Nissan dealership to shop around because I have been getting pre approval letters for an automobile loan, the salesman at Nissan talked me into a 2015 Nissan Versa SV it has 22 miles on it, did not even have the car 24 hours and the transmission had to be completely replaced, yes it was covered under warranty but I have finance that car for almost $18,000 they were unwilling to work with me give me my old car back or give me another car with the transmission did not have to be replaced I'm very unsatisfied and I'm very nervous about this car breaking down again