Made for MPG, not for YOU
By saltsman on
2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)
Perhaps the most uncomfortable car I've driven. To be fair, this is a long-term rental, so I don't have an emotional attachment. With that said, I find the Versa a hard car to love. A slight breeze can be dangerous. Driving in windy Texas is especially challenging as it requires constant corrections to keep it pointed between the stripes. You don't drive the Versa, the Versa drives you. Sometimes I fell it has a death wish. It's loud and uncomfortable on long trips. MPG's are good. A solid 37.5 MPG on long 75 MPH highway stretches, but a 10 gal tank requires frequent stopping. It's not for tall people. No telescoping steering wheel and the sit up straight seats wear you out.
Favorite Features
Good MPG's. 37.5 MPG at 75 MPH on most days. You can get the advertised 40 MPG if you stay under 65 MPH. Nissan reliably. It keeps the rain out while going from one place to another.
Suggested Improvements
The list of needed improvements is long. Too bad, because I like Nissan's other cars a lot. The tracking is dangerous. The Versa will drift all over the road. I find myself fighting to keep it between the ditch and oncoming traffic with any level of cross wind. Road noise is incessant. The engine drones. The 1980's era radio on the S model doesn't help. At 6'4", I find the lack of telescoping steering wheel a big drawback. The drivers seat never really fits me and the driver's arm rest is small and uncomfortable. The interior is as spartan as it gets. Cup holders are in the wrong place. I once looked forward to long road trips, but with the Versa, I now regret them. *Sigh*