Used 2013 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

TOUGH Little Car..
By ibervilleroyal

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The day I received a $3500 estimate to fix my 6 year old Prius was the day I TRADED IN that 6 year old Prius & Got my BRAN NEW Versa ... Even Up, No Regrets :) A year later I now have 45,000 miles on my Versa. Ive delivered pizza with it in the ice & snow storms of Northern Wisconsin to the heat indexes & humidity of South Mississippi. I get 36mpg Delivering in town with the air ON and 44mpg on freeways. I only use a full synthetic 0w-20 motor oil and keep the car serviced. Ive Driven this car Long, & Very, Very, Hard - and it has never faltered me or slowed me down. It never ceases to Amaze me how much power and room I can have under 15 Grand all-the-while averaging 40 mpg.

Lots of Power for 40 mpg. & Great Engine Sound. Lots of ROOM for a small car. Easy to Get in and Out of for Big People. Simple Gauges. Smooth Ride. Classy Styling.

Would Like a Toggle Switch on the Dash for the Throttle to choose between SPORT MODE and ECONOMY MODE.

Good value (if it doesn't break)
By hdykiel

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own the most basic model of the versa. For the price, the value is pretty good. The car is very roomy, more than what you would expect. Looks are also ok. Driving, it has enough power to get you places but take it easy on the road because it does not grip well and gets tossed around by the wind like a leaf. Reliability has been terrible for my car, I would be broke if it wasn't for the warranty. In one year and less than 18,000 miles, it's had 4 significant mechanical problems already. Loose muffler shield, damaged sway bar links, malfunctioning valve, and foggy headlight.

This car has no features, unless you count a big trunk.

Better handling, trunk latch, rear speakers.

Nissan Versa SL
By versa_2013

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a Nissan Versa SL. The cabin has more than enough space for four passengers, as well as providing comfortable seats. The interior is completely made of hard plastic, make sure your foot doesn't hit the door on the way out. The 1.6L engine is adequate around town and really does sip gas. On the highway, there's tons of wind noise, and the CVT, while providing smooth acceleration and excellent fuel economy, can be heard at any speed. Don't be fooled by the 109 hp rating, the car has more than enough get up and go. Excellent visibility all-around, smooth ride.

Rear spoiler for parking. Cruise/Audio controls on steering wheel. Optional Bluetooth. Intelligent Key/Push Start Ignition. Continuously Variable Transmission, will never drive a traditional automatic again. Trunk is huge.

Cheap looking dashboard. ''Premium Speakers'' on the SL trim are mediocre at best. Volume becomes distorted even at low settings. Wind noise is incredibly high. Cup holders are placed far upfront. No center console. 1.6L engine feels unrefined. Non-telescopic steering wheel can make it hard to find a comfortable driving position.

Made for MPG, not for YOU
By saltsman

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Perhaps the most uncomfortable car I've driven. To be fair, this is a long-term rental, so I don't have an emotional attachment. With that said, I find the Versa a hard car to love. A slight breeze can be dangerous. Driving in windy Texas is especially challenging as it requires constant corrections to keep it pointed between the stripes. You don't drive the Versa, the Versa drives you. Sometimes I fell it has a death wish. It's loud and uncomfortable on long trips. MPG's are good. A solid 37.5 MPG on long 75 MPH highway stretches, but a 10 gal tank requires frequent stopping. It's not for tall people. No telescoping steering wheel and the sit up straight seats wear you out.

Good MPG's. 37.5 MPG at 75 MPH on most days. You can get the advertised 40 MPG if you stay under 65 MPH. Nissan reliably. It keeps the rain out while going from one place to another.

The list of needed improvements is long. Too bad, because I like Nissan's other cars a lot. The tracking is dangerous. The Versa will drift all over the road. I find myself fighting to keep it between the ditch and oncoming traffic with any level of cross wind. Road noise is incessant. The engine drones. The 1980's era radio on the S model doesn't help. At 6'4", I find the lack of telescoping steering wheel a big drawback. The drivers seat never really fits me and the driver's arm rest is small and uncomfortable. The interior is as spartan as it gets. Cup holders are in the wrong place. I once looked forward to long road trips, but with the Versa, I now regret them. *Sigh*

Brake failure
By anadeau2

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I was driving at 30 miles an hour and my new versa with 7000 miles. All of the sudden my computer went off and i could not use the brakes. I was lucky to avoid an accident. I said I do not feel safe in this car to Nissan and Lokey of Clearwater and they said they will just repair the car. At first they didn't know what was wrong and then they fixed the ABS chip and recalibrated the computer. I drove the car and one week later I was going 50 mph and the brakes were all the way in and they were barely stopping. Luckily I avoided the accident. I called Nissan and they ignored me and said that there is nothing they can do for me. So now they fixed the master cylinder. I feel very unsafe driving.