2013 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
TOUGH Little Car..
By ibervilleroyal on 10/05/14 00:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The day I received a $3500 estimate to fix my 6 year old Prius was the day I TRADED IN that 6 year old Prius & Got my BRAN NEW Versa ... Even Up, No Regrets :) A year later I now have 45,000 miles on my Versa. Ive delivered pizza with it in the ice & snow storms of Northern Wisconsin to the heat indexes & humidity of South Mississippi. I get 36mpg Delivering in town with the air ON and 44mpg on freeways. I only use a full synthetic 0w-20 motor oil and keep the car serviced. Ive Driven this car Long, & Very, Very, Hard - and it has never faltered me or slowed me down. It never ceases to Amaze me how much power and room I can have under 15 Grand all-the-while averaging 40 mpg.

Good value (if it doesn't break)
By hdykiel on 05/31/14 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own the most basic model of the versa. For the price, the value is pretty good. The car is very roomy, more than what you would expect. Looks are also ok. Driving, it has enough power to get you places but take it easy on the road because it does not grip well and gets tossed around by the wind like a leaf. Reliability has been terrible for my car, I would be broke if it wasn't for the warranty. In one year and less than 18,000 miles, it's had 4 significant mechanical problems already. Loose muffler shield, damaged sway bar links, malfunctioning valve, and foggy headlight.

Nissan Versa SL
By versa_2013 on 10/12/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a Nissan Versa SL. The cabin has more than enough space for four passengers, as well as providing comfortable seats. The interior is completely made of hard plastic, make sure your foot doesn't hit the door on the way out. The 1.6L engine is adequate around town and really does sip gas. On the highway, there's tons of wind noise, and the CVT, while providing smooth acceleration and excellent fuel economy, can be heard at any speed. Don't be fooled by the 109 hp rating, the car has more than enough get up and go. Excellent visibility all-around, smooth ride.

Made for MPG, not for YOU
By saltsman on 08/30/13 23:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Perhaps the most uncomfortable car I've driven. To be fair, this is a long-term rental, so I don't have an emotional attachment. With that said, I find the Versa a hard car to love. A slight breeze can be dangerous. Driving in windy Texas is especially challenging as it requires constant corrections to keep it pointed between the stripes. You don't drive the Versa, the Versa drives you. Sometimes I fell it has a death wish. It's loud and uncomfortable on long trips. MPG's are good. A solid 37.5 MPG on long 75 MPH highway stretches, but a 10 gal tank requires frequent stopping. It's not for tall people. No telescoping steering wheel and the sit up straight seats wear you out.

Brake failure
By anadeau2 on 08/07/13 18:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I was driving at 30 miles an hour and my new versa with 7000 miles. All of the sudden my computer went off and i could not use the brakes. I was lucky to avoid an accident. I said I do not feel safe in this car to Nissan and Lokey of Clearwater and they said they will just repair the car. At first they didn't know what was wrong and then they fixed the ABS chip and recalibrated the computer. I drove the car and one week later I was going 50 mph and the brakes were all the way in and they were barely stopping. Luckily I avoided the accident. I called Nissan and they ignored me and said that there is nothing they can do for me. So now they fixed the master cylinder. I feel very unsafe driving.

2013 Versa 3800miles
By wakeride on 07/04/13 23:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Has no storage for driver to access items like center console. Drove me crazy so I bought one off ebay for $45 works and matched perfect. No place for glasses either. Cup holders are placed odly to far up and the others to far back. No inside trunk release. Complained to dealer right corner panel loose and no place to hang gas cap they told me all versas are like that? Very squirley on fwy in wind and rides a little rougher than I would expect for a new car . but I do like the car even with these negatives see favorite features.

Good Commuter and nice drive
By nissanguy81 on 05/21/13 11:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car for the value, and price. I leased this Sedan got a great deal 130.00 a month for 24 months. I cant complain, I looked at all vehicles and this was the best deal for a new car lease. Yes, its not a sports car or very smart in terms of technology and drivablility, but its very practicle. Im a student and need a car that is cheap and good MPG, this car was a no brainer. My only complain is that on highway speeds 60mph plus it has a tendency to swerve in high wind drafts, but its not to bad once you get out of the wind tunnels. But the car drives solid, I like the stiff suspension, conering could be improved, but overal for the price its a hands down car.

This is a nice car
By dqdave on 04/13/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

1) Comfortable. 2) Practical. 3) Good gas Mileage. 4) Nice Drive. 5) Not a lot of power. But, enough power.

Solid car 4 the $$$
By mrfrugal2 on 04/08/13 15:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

"Bought an SV model and have close to 200 miles in. It's terrific!! Just what I was looking for. It get's me from point A to point B without spending lot's of hard earned cash. If you are looking for luxury then recommend the Acura line, or possibly Honda, but for normal commute, it's perfect. Getting about 36 mpg average and loving it. The CVT doesn't bother me so far (based on reviews) - actually it is smoother than most normal tranny cars I've driven. I did own a Datsun B-210 (manual) and an Altima so I do like Nissan. LOTS of room. My opinion - this car's ingenuity sticks out at me and I'm definitely loving it. Take one out for a test drive and you'll see. I did, and now I own one!!"

Not so great MPG
By ginger31 on 02/22/13 10:52 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Although I like the comfort and style, the MPG rating is way over rated. Driving it on the highway and city mixed I get 26 MPG. I reset the average counter, drove 75 miles on the highway with cruise control @ 60 mph and still under 30 MPG.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$154 per month*