Solid for the $'s
By neekmeister on
2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased this vehicle approximately 10 days ago and so far have been very happy with it. Clearly this is not a race or luxury car by any means. However, if you are like me needing cheap commuter transportation with the occasional requirement to transport a family of four around while getting excellent MPG this is the way to go.
Favorite Features
- Feels like an ok ride, breaks and turns well - I Got 40.4 miles per gallon on the first 700 miles in mixed driving with the AC on! - Was < $15k with the CVT - While most people may not like it I love the simplicy of the controls - Huge legroom in both the front and the back, trunk is very large as well
Suggested Improvements
- Accelleration is adequate but mediocre - Probably the most unexciting car on the road - Tiny blinds - Wimpy car lock sound - Some road noise at 70+ miles speeds
By keithko
on 07/06/12 14:48 PM (PDT)

I bought the car for size, roominess. It looks fine. Seats r comfortable roominess is great. My manual wheelchair fits well in the trunk with groceries & small baby stroller. I love the bluetooth and controls. I only get 23 mpg in mixed driving which sucks. My 3 kids hate the car. The 2012 sedan CVT SV model is the one I got. I also bought it for the rated fuel economy which it does not even close to what we get with it. The A/C sucks too. We constantly sweat, dealer said it was normal, I go back on Tuesday to demandb they fix it this time. Ive had 2 recall repairs done. A plug in the CVT trans. needed replacing. The Automatic shifter handle button needed replacing. It took 4 times to get the rt rear passenger window to work properly. The roof antenna had to be replaced because they could not fix the loose one. They put a new, bigger uglier one in: it works fine though. At 6 months, only $2,000 miles the front 2 seat bottom seat cloth fabric is already wearing out. Service says that's normal...What? I have fabric protection on everything. The so called felt type carpeting is showing wear too. The car is babied, kept clean and well cared for, I don't get it! I bought the car to replace my 20 y/o 2 vehicles cause i was tired of constantly working on them. I'm worrying that after the basic 3 year warranty wears out I'll be in the same boat as with my 20 y/o cars. This car had no owner reviews available when I bought it. The road noise is loud, the ride is rough, the engine noise buzz it loud if more power is needed. If you need power urgently, it you floor the accelerator to get out of the way, the car engine roars but the car doesn't go, so we just hope we don''t get slammed into. In the rain one of the wheels just skids if you have to hit the breaks hard. The car handles poorly and the kids r afraid to drive it! I bought the car so they would be safer than in a 20y/o car, I made a mistake. I put $70 seat covers on to help protect the weak seat fabric. The CVT transmission does alot of weird things. The CVT transmission vehicles I've driven have never acted like this one! I don't know what to do. I'm disabled and cant work so I cant afford anything else. DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Keith in San Antonio Texas.

By litesong2
on 10/20/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

Excellent mpg! By feather footing, I think even higher mpg can be obtained.... reasons are in another Versa sedan comment posting. Tho small, the Versa sedan, with low rpms on the highway, should make for an inexpensive highway touring car, getting as high as 45mpg. If its like my Dodge Caliber with CVT, mountain driving will be elegant & stop & go traffic will be smoothly survivable.

By pmarques
on 06/03/13 13:41 PM (PDT)

Geez, every car runs great when it's only 10 days old. How about now; most people I've met hate the car.