2012 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Initial overall value attracti

2012 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

2012 Nissan Versa

1.6 SV Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Initial overall value attractive, then a disappointment
By panthers98 on

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2012 re-designed Versa sedan in November of 2011.
Initial overall value appeared excellent, but shortcomings are becoming evident, hopefully they have engineered-out these problems.
This was the first vehicle I have owned with an automatic transmission, let alone the CVT, so I opted for an extended warranty. Thank God I did since it had to be replaced at 80K miles.
Have replaced every exterior bulb at least once.
Tire pressure sensor light goes on and rear right tire goes flat about every 2 weeks unexplained.
Plastic dashboard attracts lint like I have a cat sitting up there.
CVT/engine combination sounds like it is going to blow up when strong acceleration is needed.

My company is a contractor to Nissan and I got the car wholesale as their employee. Rear seat is very spacious. Overall ride seems good for a car this size. Gas mileage is good but not what the sticker says. Overall cost to own over 5 years is relatively inexpensive.

Even cars I owned in the 90's had a split fold-down rear seat, this car does not. It is evident to save on production costs Nissan used the cheapest vendors for plastics, etc. Offer an arm rest to the driver. I do not see the benefit of a CVT versus a standard automatic or 5-speed.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review