Reliable and a great value!
By tubulartrish on
2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my new 2012 Versa about two and a half weeks ago. I absolutely love it! For the price, you really are not going to find anything better. The interior is surprisingly spacious. My 6'4" boyfriend fits in with plenty of room to spare. The ride is incredibly smooth. I noticed it the first day. There is a pothole near our apartment which I inevitably hit driving home. But, I barely felt it. The tires bumped over it, but the cabin stayed riding level. That was a huge surprise. I am incredibly happy with my purchase. Despite a couple drawbacks, it is still an amazing value!
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is the amazing gas mileage. The onboard computer calculates your average gas mileage and after only two weeks, we are averaging 35 mpg! With our long commutes it is a blessing. The trunk was also very spacious. It does not look too big from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up.
Suggested Improvements
My main issue with the car is that the acceleration is slow. But, with the CVT it is expected. Once I get above about 30, it is great. But, that initial acceleration is definitely lacking. Also, the lighter body does get tossed around a bit on the freeway when it is windy out. But, the amazing gas mileage definitely makes up for it! The only other thing I wish it had is a center console.
By litesong2
on 10/20/11 10:09 AM (PDT)

Have you done careful long highway rides to see if you can get 40+mpg? I think it will be fairly easy to featherfoot highway mpg well beyond the EPA rated 38mpg. The sedan has such low rpms on long highway runs, I don't think the EPA was able to get a fair assessment of how high the sedan mpg will be.