2012 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
1st month Versa S 5 speed
By sbcar on 09/03/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the car for a month, no problems. So far a great value. My wife is getting 41mpg driving to work each day at 2 lane highway speeds. 60+ mph. The car is quite large for a sub compact. Bought a center arm rest on EBAY and 2 vanity mirrors at Auto Zone, now we are set.

Not bad for $10,990!
By astonvsbugatti on 08/10/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 1.6L Versa sedan in manual transmission, and I enjoy it. I especially enjoy not having a car payment! It's practical and economical, but it's not for everyone. I have a basic model, and had a brief moment of buyer's remorse when I realized that the car didn't come with floor mats, rear speakers, or even a trunk lid release! But, it gets great gas mileage, shifts smoothly, has an adjustable height lever on the driver's seat, an AUX jack for iPhone/iPod, a basic trip computer with MPG info, and front, side and curtain airbags. It also has good safety crash ratings. I think that Nissan did a great job of incorporating the important things into the car.

Good economical transportation
By voncarlton on 08/09/12 12:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not sexy, but it does the job it was intended to do. I have the S model with the CVT transmission and I am pleased with the interior room which easily fits me 6' 240, my wife, daughter, mother in law and luggage for the weekend. I like having the roll up windows but the pass door does not have a keyed entry & without power door locks this can be a pain. One feature that came in handy a few weeks ago is the tire pressure sensor. I picked up a nail and the dash warned me that a tire was low in air pressure. I do not like the seat material on the S version but I bought some seat covers that are better. Overall the car is an excellent value & there is not much to complain about.

Can we say Buyer's Remorse
By regrets1 on 06/12/12 05:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I owned a 2011 Versa Hatchback that was stolen out of my driveway so I decided to look at the Versa Sedan. I wish I hadn't. I ended up buying a 2012 Versa Sedan SV mainly for the gas mileage. This car does indeed have a cheap interior and doesn't even have clothes hooks in the back seat. The CVT transmission is almost impossible to get used to. The vehicle is bland and don't believe what others say. It is not fun to drive.

Excellent mileage
By super9 on 05/14/12 18:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The versa manual 5 speed sedan is excellent on mileage. AT speeds of 55-to 60 miles per hour I am getting about 53-56 miles per gallon as indicated by the on board mileage computer. I did not know this is possible, but I guess, it is as the manufacture does not advertise this mileage on its window sticker. The ride is smooth at faster speeds. Mileage increases at 45 miles per hour, to 60 miles per gallon.

Nissan Versa SV Sedan
By cwesterman on 04/23/12 17:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

If you are looking for a great, safe and affordable car then the Nissan Versa SV 2012 Sedan is a wonderful option, I bought mine in early 12/2011, The car has great gas economy, is sporty looking for a sedan and handles very well, it is a small car but yet it is very roomy! I am very pleased with this car and would highly recommend it if you are looking for a great,safe and affordable car.

A good little car with great mileage!
By buck1810 on 04/19/12 11:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my Versa in September and have been relatively happy with it. Most important: great gas mileage. I drive 40 miles each way to work and, according to the computer, I am averaging 40.4 mpg. Amazing. That figure reflects mostly freeway driving. In-town stop and go driving brings the average down. This is a car for cruising. It is quiet inside the cabin and pretty smooth going over bumps. A lot of room inside the cabin. I call my car The Beast, because it is a big car inside, although it looks little outside. Very high roof, so it feels very spacious. I am happy....though not overjoyed.

What a roomy car, and economical.
By slinky58 on 03/06/12 08:37 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Extremely roomy, the Nissan Versa is what I was looking for. High sitting seats, so I dont have to "duck" into the car. I can slide in/out like an SUV w/o the gas guzzling. Economical. Cons: has a "ping" when you run the AC. I found this to be true of the previous Altima I had. Also, I could use more leg room. But I love this car. The seats are extremely comfortable, blue tooth is outstanding, and the car drives very well, solid for an economical car. I love it.

Don't wast your dough. Keep looking
By rigner on 02/12/12 23:20 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Versa since September and it's been in the shop twice and it's going back next week. ECU issues followed by a window that is not working at this time. Granted, this is one of the few cars where my 5 foot 9 inch son can comfortably sit in the back seat. However the build quality is suspect. The CVT is jerky and noisy. Road noise is a pain and lower and mid level models don't even have folding rear seats or variable speed wipers for mist etc. Also there is no arm rest. I would suggest getting nice used car rather than buying this thing new. I'd sell it if I could. Keep looking. The Versa is OK for the most basic transportation, nothing else

LUV MY VERSA
By luvmyversa on 12/19/11 08:21 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car should be a "top ten pick" for an entry level car. My 2012 Versa Hatchback is a "bang for the buck" with CVT (smooth shifting), Bluetooth & Navigation, 16" wheels, ample trunk space w/fold down seats. Thus far, I recorded 28-29+ mph. I do a moderate amount of around town driving. It has ample pickup & power on freeway. Seat height makes getting in and out easy. Cons - rt knee patella can hit drver side dash (however, my 5' 10" husband is fine w it) - passenger dash is lower decreasing vertical leg room. A happy ex-Murano owner (Nissan makes good cars) I have no regrets buying this car (almost bought an Outback Subaru). Bought 2010 Versa Sedan for my 86 yr old Auntie. She loves it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$140 per month*