2012 VERSA Constant High Pitched Noisy Whine
By versadisaster on
2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my new Versa in late Sept. and it started making a constant, high pitched, very loud, whiney noise. I returned it to Benson Nissan in Easley, S.C. and the mechanics heard the sound right away. They said that there have been several complaints about this noise and it is coming from the CVT. When Nissan figures out the noise problem there will be a re-call. This is not the kind of sound that one can get used to. Also, the Versa has a highly toxic glue smell in the interior and I discovered that the Versa has many toxic chemicals in the interior materials and is rated the No.1 Most Toxic Car in America. I Do Not recommend this car.
Favorite Features
Fuel Economy is not worth the negative trade-offs.
Suggested Improvements
Make a quiet car. This loud, constant noise is unacceptable. Use toxic and poison free materials to make the interior of the Versa. Whether people are sensitive to this reality or not, many people have health issues that are compromised by these poisons and chemicals. The flame retardant used in the interior plastics and the glues are highly toxic.
By litesong2
on 11/21/11 21:46 PM (PST)

From HealthyCar.com, the 2007 Nissan Versa was an interior toxic off-gassing mess. However, the toxic problems of the Versa were addressed in following years, such that Versa is better than most other cars.

By litesong2
on 06/04/12 18:50 PM (PDT)

Excuse me. HealthyCar.com should be HealthyCar.org