2012 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
A Great Way To Save Some Cash
By toddp77 on 01/21/13 09:15 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed saving cash and driving a manual transmission. I drove a 1983 Nissan Sentra in high school and this car provides some nostalgia for me. This is a very inexpensive vehicle and it shows in several ways that may be deal breakers for some people but reminds me of how much money I saved. The handling and power are sacrificed for savings and fuel efficiency. I was also swayed by the large interior with numerous air bags and better than you would expect safety ratings.

2012 Versa Good design & great value
By medmann48 on 12/01/12 19:42 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased a 2012 versa SV sedan about 2 months ago & love it so far. I already have a 2009 Versa Hatchback & have had Zero problems with it this last 3 years & drive it EVERY day. I like the design of the new 2012 sedan & chose it because so many sub sompacts are made to be small & sporty. The 2012 Versa sedan is like a small family car with lots of room. It may not be sporty but it has lots of room & the price is right, we have 2 6ft sons who hop into the back seat with no problems, try that in a Yaris or Fiesta, good luck! I still marvel at how nice this car looks, kinda like a smaller version of the Altima or Maxima.

A Bargain Worth Driving
By sdaigle on 11/29/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

At the time of writing this, I've owned my 2012 Versa SV sedan for 4mos. and have driven it 11,000 miles. So far, it's been a fantastic little car and I love it! Fuel economy has proven much better than the EPA rating of 30/38. My lowest MPG on a tank was 39 and my highest was 49. Seriously! I have my little quibbles with the car, but what car is perfect, right?

Pleasantly surprised to say the least
By arg76 on 11/02/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have a long comute around 110 miles a day and i was getting a little tired of my SUV and it 17mpg, i wanted two things, great fuel economy and no car payment. I looked at the Honda, i looked at the Toyota Yaris and corolla they just felt cheap, then i noticed Nissan were offering the Versa for under 11k. It turned out the 11k version was a manual trans, wind up windows basic stereo and seat cloth that felt like twine, its a new car for 11k i get its not going to be mega luxury, so the dealer showed me the SV version, a little more 16.5k but much nicer interior and CVT box and ipod plug and nicer seats. I drove and bought it that day, amazing mpg more than they claim, and really a great car

Budget friendly to the Max
By sdaigle on 09/28/12 16:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The Versa is definitely geared towards people who shop for a car with their head rather than their heart. It's extremely practical and efficient, what economy cars generally aim to be. It's the cheapest car to buy in its class. It's near tops in fuel efficiency. Running costs are low. It offers a lot of room for it's size. Overall, it's a fantastic value. If you want something stylish, fun-to-drive, with loads of personality, the Versa will disappoint. Think economy car for middle-age folks. It's like driving a well-engineered appliance. It does its job well, but isn't inspiring and won't win over your heart. I recommend the Kia Rio or Chevy Sonic if that's where your priorities reside.

Unique Small Car!
By aeh4 on 09/22/12 12:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We test drove almost every subcompact model before choosing the Versa sedan. No other car had quite the combination of interior room, excellent visibility and outstanding fuel efficiency. It is not as stylish as other cars, but we could not find another vehicle that was as easy to drive and can truly fit four 6-foot adults. The Versa sits about 6 inches taller than other small cars. So visibility is excellent in all directions, and it is very easy to get in and out all four doors. The interior is basic hard plastic, but there are six cup holders and all controls are easy to reach. Seats in the SL trim are soft and comfortable. Outstanding fuel efficiency - see below.

Excellent economy car!!
By 1973vw on 09/05/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Where to begin with the Versa. For $10,990 it's one of the best values I've ever seen. The interior is exceptionally roomy for a small car. Honestly it has as much room as a full size car. The trunk is huge! It has decent power for climbing and accelerating but gets well over 50mpg on the highway. Good quality all around. Awesome car. Buying one was the best decision I've made in a while.

1st month Versa S 5 speed
By sbcar on 09/03/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the car for a month, no problems. So far a great value. My wife is getting 41mpg driving to work each day at 2 lane highway speeds. 60+ mph. The car is quite large for a sub compact. Bought a center arm rest on EBAY and 2 vanity mirrors at Auto Zone, now we are set.

Not bad for $10,990!
By astonvsbugatti on 08/10/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 1.6L Versa sedan in manual transmission, and I enjoy it. I especially enjoy not having a car payment! It's practical and economical, but it's not for everyone. I have a basic model, and had a brief moment of buyer's remorse when I realized that the car didn't come with floor mats, rear speakers, or even a trunk lid release! But, it gets great gas mileage, shifts smoothly, has an adjustable height lever on the driver's seat, an AUX jack for iPhone/iPod, a basic trip computer with MPG info, and front, side and curtain airbags. It also has good safety crash ratings. I think that Nissan did a great job of incorporating the important things into the car.

Good economical transportation
By voncarlton on 08/09/12 12:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not sexy, but it does the job it was intended to do. I have the S model with the CVT transmission and I am pleased with the interior room which easily fits me 6' 240, my wife, daughter, mother in law and luggage for the weekend. I like having the roll up windows but the pass door does not have a keyed entry & without power door locks this can be a pain. One feature that came in handy a few weeks ago is the tire pressure sensor. I picked up a nail and the dash warned me that a tire was low in air pressure. I do not like the seat material on the S version but I bought some seat covers that are better. Overall the car is an excellent value & there is not much to complain about.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$141 per month*