2012 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Good car and excellent gas mileage!
By hightechjunkie on 06/25/13 09:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I recently bought the 2012 Nissan Versa SV with the CVT transmission and let me tell you the CVT takes a while to get used to. There are NO actual gears in a CVT transmission only pulleys and a belt. It seems to hesiate when you step on the gas from a dead stop and that's because it's looking for the right belt/pulley ratio. It's only momentary but you will notice the difference between the CVT trans and a regular 4 or 5 speed trans. Not a bad thing, just something to get used to. it also seems to "downshift" a tad when you let of the gas...again the CVT trying to optimize engine transmission synchronization. Overall I am very happy with the Versa but would like to see minor improvements.

Problems
By desertrat11 on 06/19/13 17:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Nissan versa in august of 20111, 1st thing went wrong trim on top of roof fell off, 2nd needed a air filter I thought, 2nd needed a new transmission, 3rd needed new rear brakes, 4th blew a tire on the freeway and lastly contacted Nissan customer consumer affairs and after 3 weeks of playing phone tag their was not a thing they could do for me. And by the way did I mention that my dealership said I have roadside assistance which is only for a tow up to 100 dollars and a rental

Quality like made in china
By harut_1973 on 04/19/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

No reliability!!!! This car is piece of junk. The paint peels off all around the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even in cracks of lights where you can not reach. Not from physical damage. I went to Nissan dealer for windshield pillar paint peeled off, they said it might by from physical damage. Second time the paint peeled off in crack of back light of Quarter panel, they accept that this is warranty issue but they need 2-3 day for fixing it... and no providing car.... I have problem with door window, but I do not want even call them, they will need 5 days for repair it and I will need to rent a car. Cheaper will be to pay for fix. Even contacting global Nissan do not helped. Do not but this c

Great for sending your kids off to college.
By jttom1994 on 03/22/13 08:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

My parents got this car for me to drive to school and I love it. Sure its not the fastest of the best looking but its more comfortable than the mustang we traded in, gets way better mpgs and me and all my friebds can fit in it.

A Great Way To Save Some Cash
By toddp77 on 01/21/13 09:15 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed saving cash and driving a manual transmission. I drove a 1983 Nissan Sentra in high school and this car provides some nostalgia for me. This is a very inexpensive vehicle and it shows in several ways that may be deal breakers for some people but reminds me of how much money I saved. The handling and power are sacrificed for savings and fuel efficiency. I was also swayed by the large interior with numerous air bags and better than you would expect safety ratings.

2012 Versa Good design & great value
By medmann48 on 12/01/12 19:42 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased a 2012 versa SV sedan about 2 months ago & love it so far. I already have a 2009 Versa Hatchback & have had Zero problems with it this last 3 years & drive it EVERY day. I like the design of the new 2012 sedan & chose it because so many sub sompacts are made to be small & sporty. The 2012 Versa sedan is like a small family car with lots of room. It may not be sporty but it has lots of room & the price is right, we have 2 6ft sons who hop into the back seat with no problems, try that in a Yaris or Fiesta, good luck! I still marvel at how nice this car looks, kinda like a smaller version of the Altima or Maxima.

A Bargain Worth Driving
By sdaigle on 11/29/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

At the time of writing this, I've owned my 2012 Versa SV sedan for 4mos. and have driven it 11,000 miles. So far, it's been a fantastic little car and I love it! Fuel economy has proven much better than the EPA rating of 30/38. My lowest MPG on a tank was 39 and my highest was 49. Seriously! I have my little quibbles with the car, but what car is perfect, right?

Pleasantly surprised to say the least
By arg76 on 11/02/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have a long comute around 110 miles a day and i was getting a little tired of my SUV and it 17mpg, i wanted two things, great fuel economy and no car payment. I looked at the Honda, i looked at the Toyota Yaris and corolla they just felt cheap, then i noticed Nissan were offering the Versa for under 11k. It turned out the 11k version was a manual trans, wind up windows basic stereo and seat cloth that felt like twine, its a new car for 11k i get its not going to be mega luxury, so the dealer showed me the SV version, a little more 16.5k but much nicer interior and CVT box and ipod plug and nicer seats. I drove and bought it that day, amazing mpg more than they claim, and really a great car

Budget friendly to the Max
By sdaigle on 09/28/12 16:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The Versa is definitely geared towards people who shop for a car with their head rather than their heart. It's extremely practical and efficient, what economy cars generally aim to be. It's the cheapest car to buy in its class. It's near tops in fuel efficiency. Running costs are low. It offers a lot of room for it's size. Overall, it's a fantastic value. If you want something stylish, fun-to-drive, with loads of personality, the Versa will disappoint. Think economy car for middle-age folks. It's like driving a well-engineered appliance. It does its job well, but isn't inspiring and won't win over your heart. I recommend the Kia Rio or Chevy Sonic if that's where your priorities reside.

Unique Small Car!
By aeh4 on 09/22/12 12:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We test drove almost every subcompact model before choosing the Versa sedan. No other car had quite the combination of interior room, excellent visibility and outstanding fuel efficiency. It is not as stylish as other cars, but we could not find another vehicle that was as easy to drive and can truly fit four 6-foot adults. The Versa sits about 6 inches taller than other small cars. So visibility is excellent in all directions, and it is very easy to get in and out all four doors. The interior is basic hard plastic, but there are six cup holders and all controls are easy to reach. Seats in the SL trim are soft and comfortable. Outstanding fuel efficiency - see below.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$140 per month*