2012 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
A Bargain Worth Driving
By sdaigle on 11/29/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

At the time of writing this, I've owned my 2012 Versa SV sedan for 4mos. and have driven it 11,000 miles. So far, it's been a fantastic little car and I love it! Fuel economy has proven much better than the EPA rating of 30/38. My lowest MPG on a tank was 39 and my highest was 49. Seriously! I have my little quibbles with the car, but what car is perfect, right?

Pleasantly surprised to say the least
By arg76 on 11/02/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have a long comute around 110 miles a day and i was getting a little tired of my SUV and it 17mpg, i wanted two things, great fuel economy and no car payment. I looked at the Honda, i looked at the Toyota Yaris and corolla they just felt cheap, then i noticed Nissan were offering the Versa for under 11k. It turned out the 11k version was a manual trans, wind up windows basic stereo and seat cloth that felt like twine, its a new car for 11k i get its not going to be mega luxury, so the dealer showed me the SV version, a little more 16.5k but much nicer interior and CVT box and ipod plug and nicer seats. I drove and bought it that day, amazing mpg more than they claim, and really a great car

Budget friendly to the Max
By sdaigle on 09/28/12 16:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The Versa is definitely geared towards people who shop for a car with their head rather than their heart. It's extremely practical and efficient, what economy cars generally aim to be. It's the cheapest car to buy in its class. It's near tops in fuel efficiency. Running costs are low. It offers a lot of room for it's size. Overall, it's a fantastic value. If you want something stylish, fun-to-drive, with loads of personality, the Versa will disappoint. Think economy car for middle-age folks. It's like driving a well-engineered appliance. It does its job well, but isn't inspiring and won't win over your heart. I recommend the Kia Rio or Chevy Sonic if that's where your priorities reside.

Unique Small Car!
By aeh4 on 09/22/12 12:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We test drove almost every subcompact model before choosing the Versa sedan. No other car had quite the combination of interior room, excellent visibility and outstanding fuel efficiency. It is not as stylish as other cars, but we could not find another vehicle that was as easy to drive and can truly fit four 6-foot adults. The Versa sits about 6 inches taller than other small cars. So visibility is excellent in all directions, and it is very easy to get in and out all four doors. The interior is basic hard plastic, but there are six cup holders and all controls are easy to reach. Seats in the SL trim are soft and comfortable. Outstanding fuel efficiency - see below.

Excellent economy car!!
By 1973vw on 09/05/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Where to begin with the Versa. For $10,990 it's one of the best values I've ever seen. The interior is exceptionally roomy for a small car. Honestly it has as much room as a full size car. The trunk is huge! It has decent power for climbing and accelerating but gets well over 50mpg on the highway. Good quality all around. Awesome car. Buying one was the best decision I've made in a while.

1st month Versa S 5 speed
By sbcar on 09/03/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the car for a month, no problems. So far a great value. My wife is getting 41mpg driving to work each day at 2 lane highway speeds. 60+ mph. The car is quite large for a sub compact. Bought a center arm rest on EBAY and 2 vanity mirrors at Auto Zone, now we are set.

Not bad for $10,990!
By astonvsbugatti on 08/10/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 1.6L Versa sedan in manual transmission, and I enjoy it. I especially enjoy not having a car payment! It's practical and economical, but it's not for everyone. I have a basic model, and had a brief moment of buyer's remorse when I realized that the car didn't come with floor mats, rear speakers, or even a trunk lid release! But, it gets great gas mileage, shifts smoothly, has an adjustable height lever on the driver's seat, an AUX jack for iPhone/iPod, a basic trip computer with MPG info, and front, side and curtain airbags. It also has good safety crash ratings. I think that Nissan did a great job of incorporating the important things into the car.

Good economical transportation
By voncarlton on 08/09/12 12:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not sexy, but it does the job it was intended to do. I have the S model with the CVT transmission and I am pleased with the interior room which easily fits me 6' 240, my wife, daughter, mother in law and luggage for the weekend. I like having the roll up windows but the pass door does not have a keyed entry & without power door locks this can be a pain. One feature that came in handy a few weeks ago is the tire pressure sensor. I picked up a nail and the dash warned me that a tire was low in air pressure. I do not like the seat material on the S version but I bought some seat covers that are better. Overall the car is an excellent value & there is not much to complain about.

Can we say Buyer's Remorse
By regrets1 on 06/12/12 05:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I owned a 2011 Versa Hatchback that was stolen out of my driveway so I decided to look at the Versa Sedan. I wish I hadn't. I ended up buying a 2012 Versa Sedan SV mainly for the gas mileage. This car does indeed have a cheap interior and doesn't even have clothes hooks in the back seat. The CVT transmission is almost impossible to get used to. The vehicle is bland and don't believe what others say. It is not fun to drive.

Excellent mileage
By super9 on 05/14/12 18:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The versa manual 5 speed sedan is excellent on mileage. AT speeds of 55-to 60 miles per hour I am getting about 53-56 miles per gallon as indicated by the on board mileage computer. I did not know this is possible, but I guess, it is as the manufacture does not advertise this mileage on its window sticker. The ride is smooth at faster speeds. Mileage increases at 45 miles per hour, to 60 miles per gallon.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Versa in NJ is:

$235 per month*