Used 2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Realistic expectaiton still to much to meet for this car
By manycars1

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Just hit 68k and the CVT is shot. First thing to give me problems were the breaks at about 12k. From there is was heat shields on the exhaust to door seals. I bought this car to get back and forth to work (150mile round trip). All I expected was a affordable car to get me to and from work at the most reasonable cost. I purchased the Nissan after comparing it to my normally purchased vehicles and it was a better value, it actually exceeded in over all space in a real world comparison to Chevy and Ford. MPG avg is 37.1 but the 10.9 tank.....10 gal usable, keeps me at the gas station every 2 to 3 days. As of now it is dead in my driveway, will not move.

Leg room in the back The same thing that killed my car was also one of the better features. The CVT is pretty close to a lossless transfer of power and there is no lag. This makes the tiny, sluggishly tuned, 1.6L feel like it has a little power band to get you in and out of traffic.

Bigger gas tank and do something to make the CVT more reliable. I am not the only one and Nissan has an history of issues with the CVT, whether it be Jatco.....Nissan owns 75%, or Nissan it is an issue. This is the first new car I purchased that has not made it at least 150k with out a major issue. Very disappointed in this purchase.

terrible
By cgklaskin

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

If I could give this negative stars, I would. This was the first brand new car that we had ever owned. We took such good care of it, changed the oil religiously, did all maintenance, everything we were supposed to. Two years and 80,000 miles later, the car is toast. The transmission is shot and there are so many other problems, the dealership said it was probably not worth fixing. Nissan refused to even discuss any kind of deal. They refused to give the name of the operations manager who refused help. I will never buy another Nissan and will tell everyone how awful they are. Do not buy Nissan.

none

everything

Bummer
By murrayv

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

See "Car and Driver" review here - http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/nissan/versa for a succinct and accurate description. However don't believe the fuel economy claims. The first time I used this car for a trip, it ran out of gas in only 320 miles at highway speeds. The driver's manual says it has an 11.7 gallon tank. That's only 27 mpg. Also the gas guage cannot be seen in bright sunlight wearing sun glasses, and even without sun-glasses cannot be seen safely while driving. Also the low fuel indication started flashing only 20 miles before the fuel ran out, and I got off the freeway once in a failed attempt to find a gas station in that 20 miles.

None

Do not drive this car on long trips. Do not even buy one if you want to have a car you can like.

Problems
By desertrat11

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Nissan versa in august of 20111, 1st thing went wrong trim on top of roof fell off, 2nd needed a air filter I thought, 2nd needed a new transmission, 3rd needed new rear brakes, 4th blew a tire on the freeway and lastly contacted Nissan customer consumer affairs and after 3 weeks of playing phone tag their was not a thing they could do for me.
And by the way did I mention that my dealership said I have roadside assistance which is only for a tow up to 100 dollars and a rental

bluetooth

A new car

Good economical transportation
By voncarlton

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not sexy, but it does the job it was intended to do. I have the S model with the CVT transmission and I am pleased with the interior room which easily fits me 6' 240, my wife, daughter, mother in law and luggage for the weekend. I like having the roll up windows but the pass door does not have a keyed entry & without power door locks this can be a pain. One feature that came in handy a few weeks ago is the tire pressure sensor. I picked up a nail and the dash warned me that a tire was low in air pressure. I do not like the seat material on the S version but I bought some seat covers that are better. Overall the car is an excellent value & there is not much to complain about.

I like the CVT transmission, the tire pressure sensor, interior & trunk room, simple design.

I would like to see a passenger side exterior door lock, better seat materials, rear speakers on S model, better spare tire cover materials.