2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

1.6 S Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
terrible
By cgklaskin on 08/04/14 19:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

If I could give this negative stars, I would. This was the first brand new car that we had ever owned. We took such good care of it, changed the oil religiously, did all maintenance, everything we were supposed to. Two years and 80,000 miles later, the car is toast. The transmission is shot and there are so many other problems, the dealership said it was probably not worth fixing. Nissan refused to even discuss any kind of deal. They refused to give the name of the operations manager who refused help. I will never buy another Nissan and will tell everyone how awful they are. Do not buy Nissan.

Bummer
By murrayv on 06/30/13 08:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

See "Car and Driver" review here - http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/nissan/versa for a succinct and accurate description. However don't believe the fuel economy claims. The first time I used this car for a trip, it ran out of gas in only 320 miles at highway speeds. The driver's manual says it has an 11.7 gallon tank. That's only 27 mpg. Also the gas guage cannot be seen in bright sunlight wearing sun glasses, and even without sun-glasses cannot be seen safely while driving. Also the low fuel indication started flashing only 20 miles before the fuel ran out, and I got off the freeway once in a failed attempt to find a gas station in that 20 miles.

Problems
By desertrat11 on 06/19/13 17:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Nissan versa in august of 20111, 1st thing went wrong trim on top of roof fell off, 2nd needed a air filter I thought, 2nd needed a new transmission, 3rd needed new rear brakes, 4th blew a tire on the freeway and lastly contacted Nissan customer consumer affairs and after 3 weeks of playing phone tag their was not a thing they could do for me. And by the way did I mention that my dealership said I have roadside assistance which is only for a tow up to 100 dollars and a rental

Good economical transportation
By voncarlton on 08/09/12 12:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not sexy, but it does the job it was intended to do. I have the S model with the CVT transmission and I am pleased with the interior room which easily fits me 6' 240, my wife, daughter, mother in law and luggage for the weekend. I like having the roll up windows but the pass door does not have a keyed entry & without power door locks this can be a pain. One feature that came in handy a few weeks ago is the tire pressure sensor. I picked up a nail and the dash warned me that a tire was low in air pressure. I do not like the seat material on the S version but I bought some seat covers that are better. Overall the car is an excellent value & there is not much to complain about.

2012 VERSA Constant High Pitched Noisy Whine
By versadisaster on 11/14/11 16:44 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my new Versa in late Sept. and it started making a constant, high pitched, very loud, whiney noise. I returned it to Benson Nissan in Easley, S.C. and the mechanics heard the sound right away. They said that there have been several complaints about this noise and it is coming from the CVT. When Nissan figures out the noise problem there will be a re-call. This is not the kind of sound that one can get used to. Also, the Versa has a highly toxic glue smell in the interior and I discovered that the Versa has many toxic chemicals in the interior materials and is rated the No.1 Most Toxic Car in America. I Do Not recommend this car.