Used 2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

fuel pump went out at 50k
By A. Ellison

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a love/hate thing with this car. It's roomy for a compact car, great mpg, attractive, easy and comfortable to drive. The problem is, numerous recalls, fuel pump went out at 50k miles, just outside of warranty, and pretty expensive repair. Have had R headlamp go out every 90 days or so, turns out to be a fuse, and now the same with reverse lamp. I would not recommend this car, and it pains me to say because I have always loved/been loyal to Nissans.

bad experience
By Mary Tim

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

nissan versa is the worst car that i never had, junk, transmission broke after 60.000 miles, of course the warranty is over after 60, so i have to pay for a new one because this stupid car need a special transmission...... it cost me almost 3.000 thousand dollars, after one year the radiator broke and the starter doesn't work, i am sick and tired of this car, i hate it

Nisan Versa 2012 Sucks
By Rose

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It is worse car ever. Too much of maintenance required.

A Great Way To Save Some Cash
By toddp77

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed saving cash and driving a manual transmission.
I drove a 1983 Nissan Sentra in high school and this car provides some nostalgia for me.

This is a very inexpensive vehicle and it shows in several ways that may be deal breakers for some people but reminds me of how much money I saved.
The handling and power are sacrificed for savings and fuel efficiency.

I was also swayed by the large interior with numerous air bags and better than you would expect safety ratings.

The fuel efficiency is better than I expected. I have been averaging 36 mpg with little city driving. In 5th gear on a flat road, driving 50 miles per hour will show 50 miles per gallon on the dash indicator. As I drive faster the efficiency drops. I have been enjoying winding up my windows and I am tall enough to use the manual locks for each door while in the drivers seat. If you can live without these features you are saving several thousand dollars. This is the first year the base model Versa came with air conditioning as a standard feature.

The spacious interior and cavernous trunk are fantastic and one of the reasons I purchased this vehicle, though it is filled will cheap plastic. The worst part is the upholstery fabric. It is very cheap and you should plan on immediately purchasing seat covers. The front bucket seats leave something to be desired in terms of support though I am 6'4" and people can still sit behind me easily. My biggest complaint is the lack of a tachometer. I can't believe they produced a manual transmission without one. I have never even heard of this before. With help from a friend with experience working on electrical systems in cars, I was able to install an after market tach for less than $100.

Excellent economy car!!
By 1973vw

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Where to begin with the Versa. For $10,990 it's one of the best values I've ever seen. The interior is exceptionally roomy for a small car. Honestly it has as much room as a full size car. The trunk is huge! It has decent power for climbing and accelerating but gets well over 50mpg on the highway. Good quality all around. Awesome car. Buying one was the best decision I've made in a while.

-Lots of room -Fits 5 6-foot adults comfortably -Huge trunk -Seats are actually comfortable -Doors are long to get in and out easily -Over 50mpg on the highway -Decent power -Corners like a sports car -Pretty smooth ride -Repairs appear to be easy to perform -For two speakers not a bad sound system -Styling doesn't look cheap at all

-A cheap set of floor mats would've been nice -Doesn't come with a tach, no big deal though.