Used 2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Don't buy this car
By nissansucks69

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I could review this car if I could actually use it!! I have not been able to use my car since it was broken since the day they gave it to me. Nissan and its laughable excuse for customer service have had my car for over a 3 weeks and I bought it 4 weeks ago. And they still can't fix it. I have asked for a refund or a new car and they just hang up the phone or redirect me to my contract which basically says "hahaha we screw you over". Listen to this precautionary tale - Don't trust Nissan ever.

Great for sending your kids off to college.
By jttom1994

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

My parents got this car for me to drive to school and I love it. Sure its not the fastest of the best looking but its more comfortable than the mustang we traded in, gets way better mpgs and me and all my friebds can fit in it.

Ipod and bluetooth integration. The roominess and the miles per gallon.

A better interior would be nice but for the price I can't complain.

Unique Small Car!
By aeh4

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We test drove almost every subcompact model before choosing the Versa sedan. No other car had quite the combination of interior room, excellent visibility and outstanding fuel efficiency. It is not as stylish as other cars, but we could not find another vehicle that was as easy to drive and can truly fit four 6-foot adults. The Versa sits about 6 inches taller than other small cars. So visibility is excellent in all directions, and it is very easy to get in and out all four doors. The interior is basic hard plastic, but there are six cup holders and all controls are easy to reach. Seats in the SL trim are soft and comfortable. Outstanding fuel efficiency - see below.

The 30/38 EPA mpg sedan estimates do not do justice to this car. I also have a Kia Forte rated 26/36 EPA , and the Versa is 9-10 mpg better for the same driver and conditions. We are easy drivers who mostly do speed limits, but I am getting 42 mpg 50% city/ 50 % highway. Note: hatchback is not as good. Front headroom and rear legroom are easily best in class. We fit four adults even with front seats all the way back. No other subcompact is even close. A/C very cold even at low settings. Extended warranty is really cheap if you shop around. Google Santa Rosa CA Nissan and ask your dealer to match their on-line price. We got 8 yrs/100K for $1100. Excellent stereo sound in the SL.

This is not a stylish nor a performance car - hence the poor ratings from most auto blogs. The CVT trans is optimized for fuel efficiency, not performance. So you will start slowly from stoplights and take longer to merge in traffic. There is more wind effect/road corrections at highway speeds because the car is so light. Please test drive on the highway before you buy and make sure your are comfortable. More brake pressure is needed than other cars we drove. The Navigation package is mediocre. It's fully integrated with the audio options and Bluetooth, but doesn't locate many destinations. No auto trunk release options. Hard plastic interior -scratches easily.