Used 2012 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

fuel pump went out at 50k
By A. Ellison

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a love/hate thing with this car. It's roomy for a compact car, great mpg, attractive, easy and comfortable to drive. The problem is, numerous recalls, fuel pump went out at 50k miles, just outside of warranty, and pretty expensive repair. Have had R headlamp go out every 90 days or so, turns out to be a fuse, and now the same with reverse lamp. I would not recommend this car, and it pains me to say because I have always loved/been loyal to Nissans.

bad experience
By Mary Tim

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

nissan versa is the worst car that i never had, junk, transmission broke after 60.000 miles, of course the warranty is over after 60, so i have to pay for a new one because this stupid car need a special transmission...... it cost me almost 3.000 thousand dollars, after one year the radiator broke and the starter doesn't work, i am sick and tired of this car, i hate it

Nisan Versa 2012 Sucks
By Rose

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It is worse car ever. Too much of maintenance required.

Absolutely Great Car for the money
By Choo Choo Kornitzer

2012 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought new for our son who decided to go to HS a 45 minute drive away. Price and safety features were the reasons for our choice. He put 60K miles on it in 2.5 years. We bought 1 new set of tires and changed the oil. The car was perfect every day and never a minutes trouble and that's with a teenager driving it.

safety reliability low maintenance. Here is the best part! A few days ago our son was in a MAJOR accident with three cars totaled including a new ford explorer and Pontiac grand am. He was not at fault but I will tell you that the sheriff said the car saved him from ANY injury. The entire front engine compartment crumpled and dropped to the ground just like it was designed. My son walked away with a fat lip

Realistic expectaiton still to much to meet for this car
By manycars1

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Just hit 68k and the CVT is shot. First thing to give me problems were the breaks at about 12k. From there is was heat shields on the exhaust to door seals. I bought this car to get back and forth to work (150mile round trip). All I expected was a affordable car to get me to and from work at the most reasonable cost. I purchased the Nissan after comparing it to my normally purchased vehicles and it was a better value, it actually exceeded in over all space in a real world comparison to Chevy and Ford. MPG avg is 37.1 but the 10.9 tank.....10 gal usable, keeps me at the gas station every 2 to 3 days. As of now it is dead in my driveway, will not move.

Leg room in the back The same thing that killed my car was also one of the better features. The CVT is pretty close to a lossless transfer of power and there is no lag. This makes the tiny, sluggishly tuned, 1.6L feel like it has a little power band to get you in and out of traffic.

Bigger gas tank and do something to make the CVT more reliable. I am not the only one and Nissan has an history of issues with the CVT, whether it be Jatco.....Nissan owns 75%, or Nissan it is an issue. This is the first new car I purchased that has not made it at least 150k with out a major issue. Very disappointed in this purchase.