I really want to like it.
By wally21 on
2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I have reserved judgment for the 30 thousand miles we put on this car but wanted to mention a few items about our Versa SL hatchback with CVTransmission. I don’t think the CVT trans was worth it in this car. It was bundled along with a ground effects body package and rear spoiler, a few other interior items and alloy wheels. I would get the regular auto trans in retrospect as this is just a basic economy car. I would not buy this car again because it feels like it is ageing prematurely. My wife is satisfied because she can plug the iPod into the radio. I don’t like the Versa on New Jersey roads- the suspension is too weak to handle the coarse conditions.Buy one only at a great price!
Favorite Features
The car has been reliable so far and is roomy for seating 4 people. A decent, smooth highway cruiser for a small car.
Suggested Improvements
Paint chips easily. Engine valve train getting increasingly noisy as the miles add up but quiets down when engine warms up. Dashboard creaks over every bump and expansion joint. Front suspension bottoms out easily even on modest depressions. Transmission sounds and feels like it is bouncing up and down under light acceleration when starting off(bam bam bam bam). The front air dam on our SL is not very practical and will scrape driveway aprons and curbs when parking. Steering is not quick enough. Air conditioning comes on in winter in all modes within the defrost function... other cars may have this feature also but is annoying when it’s very cold out. Rear seats don’t fold down real flat.