It fits our life
By niall1 on
2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
When we were shopping we also looked at a Honda Fit. The thing is that a requirement for us was that anything we bought had to be able to take our bicycle in the back, ideally without having to take off the front wheels. The Fit would not even accept one bicycle even with a wheel removed while the Versa would take one ready to ride and two with the front wheels removed . So much for the Fit's superior cargo versatility touted by the Edmund's writer. This car really fits our lifestyle and who we are. Handling is perfectly adequate for the way we drive. So is performance. Yes, we give up a bit for the extra size. Every time we gas up it comes out to 30 mpg, not terrible but not great.
Favorite Features
I ran out of characters for the review. The height of the car makes it vulnerable to high winds but nothing we cannot handle. Favorite features: None really. The car does what it is supposed to.
Suggested Improvements
Well, I mentioned how the car is vulnerable to high winds. In those conditions you better slow down and have both hands on the steering wheel. Now: What in God's name made them include a tachometer on the dashboard but only an idiot light for a heat indicator. On this car RPM is close to useless information but on hot days or when climbing I want to see that heat indicator. In the space allocated to that goshdarn tachometer they could have fitted a real fuel gauge AND a real oil pressure indicator at minimal if any extra cost.
By macfreehand
on 06/08/11 11:42 AM (PDT)

I knew I could get one mt. bike in the back. Thanks for verifying that I can get 2 in with the front wheel removed. I to am quite content with my Versa. It fits perfectly in my one car garage, with space to hang my bike in front, and I can still walk around it, and even open the hatchback. I'm back to an automatic with cv assist. Don't miss manual shifting after 34 years. I am getting satisfactory gas millage. It rides so much smoother than my 7 year old Nissan Frontier, which had 8,000 miles, yes eight thousand miles. I use to have hatchbacks before and am glad to be back in one. I agree with the comments posted here. Have fun driving your Nissan Versa. No I don't work for a dealer.