2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
So far so good - bought used - owned it for 6000 miles and 6 months now
By casinnova on 07/04/13 07:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am definitely a skeptic and buying a new car is so hard to do. I settled on the Versa for 2 reasons: Leg room and fuel economy. Both are absolutely acceptable. The car is spacious. Compared to any other hatchback or sedan that I have ever been inside of, this thing feels huge. It fits 4 adults very comfortably. Since keeping track of mileage I have averaged 29.35 MPG mostly city driving. If I drive carefully I can get 32 MPG in the city but most of the time I am late for work and have to drive crazy. I have no complaints really. The car is solid. I will update my review after another 6 months.

I really want to like it.
By wally21 on 04/01/13 07:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have reserved judgment for the 30 thousand miles we put on this car but wanted to mention a few items about our Versa SL hatchback with CVTransmission. I don’t think the CVT trans was worth it in this car. It was bundled along with a ground effects body package and rear spoiler, a few other interior items and alloy wheels. I would get the regular auto trans in retrospect as this is just a basic economy car. I would not buy this car again because it feels like it is ageing prematurely. My wife is satisfied because she can plug the iPod into the radio. I don’t like the Versa on New Jersey roads- the suspension is too weak to handle the coarse conditions.Buy one only at a great price!

Gran pequeno automovil
By gtise on 01/10/13 07:09 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lo compre hace 6 meses con 28,000m y ya tiene 42,la verdad que estoy sorprendido con el, en las fiestas viaje a Florida y fueron 2300 millas, sin ningun problema, con buen consumo de gasolina, solo a la semana de comprarlo comprobe que no funcionaba el A/C,pero como estaba en garantia fue reparado sin costo pero de ahi en mas solo ponerle combustible y manejarlo....grata sorpresa!!!

Great little car!
By car46guy on 09/20/12 19:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car for our kids....It's a great car. I rented one in DC and couldn't help but to notice the space - great headroom and decent mileage. It's fun to drive and the space - we've taken the entire family out in it...5 of us and my oldest daughter is 5' 10". Just an all around great little car, loaded with features.

You get what you pay for
By mrsacausey on 07/07/12 13:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car a year and has stranded me twice. Up to date on all maintenance and still has problems. Engine turned off while I was driving down the interstate and almost got into an accident because of it. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. You get what you pay for. The air compressor is bad and the electrical system is on the fritz. Local dealership is currently trying to work something out since I am 4k upside down on it.

Best things come in small packages
By asplaksiy on 07/09/11 13:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

When my 03 Toyota Camry gave out on me, i was devestated- but it lead to the best buy ever. I am completely in love with my espresso black 2011 versa hatchback. Its sleak and trendy and very fun to drive. I love fiting in smaller parking spaces and and the great added features that I chose really puts my "luxery" camry to shame. Between the cd, am/fm, ipod dock and auxiliry plug i'm never bored in my car. I love the inteligent key and bluetooth. Couldn't ask for more! love love love it.

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
By suprman71 on 04/16/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my versa, got a certified pre-owned with low miles. Lots of room, very comfortable and i have a long 45 minute commute to and from work. This car is so fun to drive and i love everything about it. Lots of music choices am/fm radio, cd player and mp3 jack. Seats are very comfortable and am enjoying the cruise control--first vehicle that has all the options, keyless entry, alarm, power locks and windows and lots of room. Just can't say enough about this car, if your looking for a great value and excellent gas mileage this is the car for you.

Well rounded useful car
By natureboy3 on 03/18/11 01:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I will keep this simple - The Versa is a good all-around car that gets the job done. I can't say more about any car.

Good commuter car
By lughead on 03/12/11 18:17 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Good car for a long commute.

It fits our life
By niall1 on 03/04/11 14:11 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When we were shopping we also looked at a Honda Fit. The thing is that a requirement for us was that anything we bought had to be able to take our bicycle in the back, ideally without having to take off the front wheels. The Fit would not even accept one bicycle even with a wheel removed while the Versa would take one ready to ride and two with the front wheels removed . So much for the Fit's superior cargo versatility touted by the Edmund's writer. This car really fits our lifestyle and who we are. Handling is perfectly adequate for the way we drive. So is performance. Yes, we give up a bit for the extra size. Every time we gas up it comes out to 30 mpg, not terrible but not great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback in VA is:

$143 per month*