Used 2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

I really want to like it.
By wally21

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have reserved judgment for the 30 thousand miles we put on this car but wanted to mention a few items about our Versa SL hatchback with CVTransmission. I don’t think the CVT trans was worth it in this car. It was bundled along with a ground effects body package and rear spoiler, a few other interior items and alloy wheels. I would get the regular auto trans in retrospect as this is just a basic economy car. I would not buy this car again because it feels like it is ageing prematurely. My wife is satisfied because she can plug the iPod into the radio. I don’t like the Versa on New Jersey roads- the suspension is too weak to handle the coarse conditions.Buy one only at a great price!

Favorite Features

The car has been reliable so far and is roomy for seating 4 people. A decent, smooth highway cruiser for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Paint chips easily. Engine valve train getting increasingly noisy as the miles add up but quiets down when engine warms up. Dashboard creaks over every bump and expansion joint. Front suspension bottoms out easily even on modest depressions. Transmission sounds and feels like it is bouncing up and down under light acceleration when starting off(bam bam bam bam). The front air dam on our SL is not very practical and will scrape driveway aprons and curbs when parking. Steering is not quick enough. Air conditioning comes on in winter in all modes within the defrost function... other cars may have this feature also but is annoying when it’s very cold out. Rear seats don’t fold down real flat.

Best things come in small packages
By asplaksiy

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

When my 03 Toyota Camry gave out on me, i was devestated- but it lead to the best buy ever. I am completely in love with my espresso black 2011 versa hatchback. Its sleak and trendy and very fun to drive. I love fiting in smaller parking spaces and and the great added features that I chose really puts my "luxery" camry to shame. Between the cd, am/fm, ipod dock and auxiliry plug i'm never bored in my car. I love the inteligent key and bluetooth. Couldn't ask for more! love love love it.

Favorite Features

I love all my music options and my bluetooth. The cargo space is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

I would have loved to have leather seats, but the interior is amazing, even my tan one.

2011 Versa
By jimsullivan2

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car moves quicker and handles better than the Impala that I drove previous to this vehicle. Gas mileage averages at 31 at mostly highway driving but I like to drive close to 80mph. If you are thinking that this car is too small, take a test drive. There is more interior room than most cars out there.

Favorite Features

bluetooth and Nav.

Suggested Improvements

Auto-headlights, leather, trip computer and outside temp should be available to add as options