Used 2011 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Great best value for the price
By Jeffrey Gordon

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

OK this is a great little car for the money. Mirror controls could be better(mounted on dash not a good location , could be mounted on door panels). Door handles leak leaving streaks under both sides of all doors(washing your car takes it away). some rattle over large bumps. some engine noise. ride noise on highways. loud cooling fan on hot engine. air conditioner compressor loud,but air is clean and plentiful. great heater(warms up quick). Overall a great car.

Just crossed 174,000 miles...
By dave

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2011 Versa Sedan, 1.8L with 6 speed manual transmission back at the end of 2010. I drive quite a bit, so the truck I traded in for it was impractical. I was able to get this car with A/C, 6 CD changes, power windows and doors, and the bigger engine for $10,900 (which surprised me, even then). I just crossed over 174,000 miles the other day on the Versa, and it has never seen the inside of a shop. I thought that was a pretty amazing stat, and figured I should share it, just in case anyone reading this was on the fence. I have no motive whatsoever to praise a car, but this one has been absolutely reliable and has been from coast to coast numerous times. Even now, the engine runs just fine, doesn't burn any oil, and has only had oil changes every 5,000 miles (or so). The transmission also, is fine. The MPG are at least as advertise, although as light-footed as I tend to be, it's actually probably a bit like 35 on the highways most of the time. The inside is spacious and will seat/hold luggage for 4 people, easily.

GREAT VALUE GREAT DEAL
By Jeff Gordon

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

New versa note is a better style, but for the money spent VERSA is a better value. I love this car

So far so good - bought used - owned it for 6000 miles and 6 months now
By casinnova

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am definitely a skeptic and buying a new car is so hard to do.
I settled on the Versa for 2 reasons:
Leg room and fuel economy.
Both are absolutely acceptable.

The car is spacious.
Compared to any other hatchback or sedan that I have ever been inside of, this thing feels huge.
It fits 4 adults very comfortably.

Since keeping track of mileage I have averaged 29.35 MPG mostly city driving.
If I drive carefully I can get 32 MPG in the city but most of the time I am late for work and have to drive crazy.

I have no complaints really.
The car is solid.
I will update my review after another 6 months.

Leg room, easy to reach radio and climate control console, simple radio, comfortable seats, roomy hatch, the 2 front cup holders are kinda hard to use, but the 2 in the back are great, space enough for maps and a place to put my wallet.

I really want to like it.
By wally21

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have reserved judgment for the 30 thousand miles we put on this car but wanted to mention a few items about our Versa SL hatchback with CVTransmission.
I don’t think the CVT trans was worth it in this car. It was bundled along with a ground effects body package and rear spoiler, a few other interior items and alloy wheels. I would get the regular auto trans in retrospect as this is just a basic economy car.
I would not buy this car again because it feels like it is ageing prematurely.
My wife is satisfied because she can plug the iPod into the radio. I don’t like the Versa on New Jersey roads- the suspension is too weak to handle the coarse conditions.Buy one only at a great price!

The car has been reliable so far and is roomy for seating 4 people. A decent, smooth highway cruiser for a small car.

Paint chips easily. Engine valve train getting increasingly noisy as the miles add up but quiets down when engine warms up. Dashboard creaks over every bump and expansion joint. Front suspension bottoms out easily even on modest depressions. Transmission sounds and feels like it is bouncing up and down under light acceleration when starting off(bam bam bam bam). The front air dam on our SL is not very practical and will scrape driveway aprons and curbs when parking. Steering is not quick enough. Air conditioning comes on in winter in all modes within the defrost function... other cars may have this feature also but is annoying when it’s very cold out. Rear seats don’t fold down real flat.