Used 2011 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

So far so good - bought used - owned it for 6000 miles and 6 months now
By casinnova

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am definitely a skeptic and buying a new car is so hard to do. I settled on the Versa for 2 reasons: Leg room and fuel economy. Both are absolutely acceptable. The car is spacious. Compared to any other hatchback or sedan that I have ever been inside of, this thing feels huge. It fits 4 adults very comfortably. Since keeping track of mileage I have averaged 29.35 MPG mostly city driving. If I drive carefully I can get 32 MPG in the city but most of the time I am late for work and have to drive crazy. I have no complaints really. The car is solid. I will update my review after another 6 months.

Leg room, easy to reach radio and climate control console, simple radio, comfortable seats, roomy hatch, the 2 front cup holders are kinda hard to use, but the 2 in the back are great, space enough for maps and a place to put my wallet.

I really want to like it.
By wally21

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have reserved judgment for the 30 thousand miles we put on this car but wanted to mention a few items about our Versa SL hatchback with CVTransmission. I don’t think the CVT trans was worth it in this car. It was bundled along with a ground effects body package and rear spoiler, a few other interior items and alloy wheels. I would get the regular auto trans in retrospect as this is just a basic economy car. I would not buy this car again because it feels like it is ageing prematurely. My wife is satisfied because she can plug the iPod into the radio. I don’t like the Versa on New Jersey roads- the suspension is too weak to handle the coarse conditions.Buy one only at a great price!

The car has been reliable so far and is roomy for seating 4 people. A decent, smooth highway cruiser for a small car.

Paint chips easily. Engine valve train getting increasingly noisy as the miles add up but quiets down when engine warms up. Dashboard creaks over every bump and expansion joint. Front suspension bottoms out easily even on modest depressions. Transmission sounds and feels like it is bouncing up and down under light acceleration when starting off(bam bam bam bam). The front air dam on our SL is not very practical and will scrape driveway aprons and curbs when parking. Steering is not quick enough. Air conditioning comes on in winter in all modes within the defrost function... other cars may have this feature also but is annoying when it’s very cold out. Rear seats don’t fold down real flat.

Gran pequeno automovil
By gtise

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lo compre hace 6 meses con 28,000m y ya tiene 42,la verdad que estoy sorprendido con el, en las fiestas viaje a Florida y fueron 2300 millas, sin ningun problema, con buen consumo de gasolina, solo a la semana de comprarlo comprobe que no funcionaba el A/C,pero como estaba en garantia fue reparado sin costo pero de ahi en mas solo ponerle combustible y manejarlo....grata sorpresa!!!

Great little car!
By car46guy

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car for our kids....It's a great car. I rented one in DC and couldn't help but to notice the space - great headroom and decent mileage. It's fun to drive and the space - we've taken the entire family out in it...5 of us and my oldest daughter is 5' 10". Just an all around great little car, loaded with features.

radio is decent - input for ipod, a/c, tilt wheel, cruise and keyless entry.

none that i can think of. the motor is a bit noisy...rattles, like many have written, it sounds like a sewing machine. but i could car less as long as it runs.

You get what you pay for
By mrsacausey

2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car a year and has stranded me twice. Up to date on all maintenance and still has problems. Engine turned off while I was driving down the interstate and almost got into an accident because of it. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. You get what you pay for. The air compressor is bad and the electrical system is on the fritz. Local dealership is currently trying to work something out since I am 4k upside down on it.

Large windshield, nice visibility