2010 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Good value for the money

2010 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

Good value for the money
By ziggy1808 on

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2010 Versa SL Hatchback new in 2010. Options included the premium package and floor mats. The mileage rating on the window sticker indicated 28 city and 34 highway. In several 500 plus mile trips on interstate highways through the mountains of PA it did indeed get 34 mpg's, no more, no less. In city driving it has gotten close to 28 mpg's, sometime a little more, sometimes less. I have discovered that running the a/c or the defroster has a negative effect on gas mileage to the tune of 4 or 5 less miles per gallon in city driving. Very reliable, no issues.

Favorite Features

The SL model includes a much nicer interior, stereo, alloy wheels, fog lights, ground effects and most importantly, a continuously variable automatic transmission which improves gas mileage. The premium package gives you 16" alloy wheels, a better stereo with steering wheel controls, a leather wrapped steering wheel, blue tooth connectivity, and a few other items. My favorite feature, however, was how deeply Nissan discounted it. Nearly $4,000 off of the window sticker closed the deal for me.

Suggested Improvements

The front valance is a little too low; you need to be extra careful how you approach some driveways and parking situations. I wish the rear seats would fold down flat as in the Honda Fit.