Used 2010 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Tire pressure monitoring/front bumper
By Steve

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

All of the good things you have read about the Nissan Versa are true. Unfortunately, the front bumper cover is too low to the ground and the clips that hold the cover on are too fragile. Half my clips broke within the first month of driving, the cover bottoms-out exiting driveways of all kinds. The impact causes the too fragile clips that hold it on to the car to break. The cover is now held on with epoxy and aquarium glue. The Nissan Versa also has a multi-year history of faulty tire pressure monitoring systems and this has not been fixed for 2010. Dealerships have no fix for this since the problem apparently is the result of poor engineering and manufacturing of the air valve stems.

Headroom, leg room, back seat room, pleasantly responsive engine and CVT transmission, great gas mileage, comfortable seats, nice upholstery, adequate cargo room even with all the seats up.

The supplied Continental tires have a long history of premature failure (see NTSB complaints), hatchbacks should come equipped with a cargo cover instead of having to buy it separately, improve the navigation system.

2010 Nissan Versa S HB
By splash1701d

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

During my last vacation, I rented a car that turned out to be a 2010 Nissan Versa S HB. I loved it so much, when I got back home, I went and bought one!

Aux input jack for MP3 player and very large glove box.

WAS a good car, we thought!
By stallworthonline

2010 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car about 2 months ago with 4200 miles on it. It was a dealership beater car for them. The car now has 8500 miles on it and it's now in the shop having the engine replaced. As soon as we got the car, I realized the number of RPM the engine turned so I chose to switch to full synthetic Mobil1 5/30. After 2900 miles, my roommate came home and explained to me the car was ticking. I pulled the oil stick to reveal a clean stick, NO oil. Now, after 2 weeks and a new engine, I'm still in a rental car because they can't get the new engine to run right either. Hope its fixed soon. Awesome gas mileage and comfortable. PLEASE LASSIE COME HOME. Hope no more problems after this!

No features in this car! LOL. Just a steering wheel and seats with a peppy little engine! Love it!

Hopefully by my failing engine being returned to Nissan, they can figure out what went wrong and correct the problem for other engines in the future.

New to Nissan
By Carla

2010 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my new car a week now and so far I love it. I put a lot of miles in every week and find this car very comfortable and am getting the 34 mpg hwy. Woo Hoo! Lots of interior room - I didn't have a lot of money to spend so got the basics - wish I would have got power locks - there is no key for passenger side so lots of reaching across to lock and unlock doors. Otherwise it's a 10!

gas mileage, roomy interior

put a key in passenger door

Great deal for a practical commuter!
By NasserMA

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my mother and initially felt bad that I could not afford a nicer car for her. This completely changed once I got a chance to drive it! With the CVT, hatchback, upgraded interior this car is absolutely wonderful. I drove over 600 miles in one day and felt comfortable (I'm 6'4"!) and relaxed. The CVT is extraordinarily smooth and efficient and had no problem with power up mountains. This car is awesome, a great commuter, and I managed an average of 34-35 MPG during the trip!

super-smooth CVT, spacious interior with headroom for tall people (front and back)

the upgraded 16" wheels/tires don't handle rough roads smoothly (otherwise fine), front end is a bit low (you will scratch it ;)