2010 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Incredible Car!
By Fantastic car !!! on 08/13/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Versa with all the available options including premium package, cvt, nav, and sunroof. This car is awesome!I drive a BMW and the Versa is still a blast to drive. You have to go with all the extras for sure to make this car purchase worthwhile.Upgraded stereo is incredible with satellite and unbelievable sound with six speakers. The cvt is a must and the interior upgrades are a outstanding. the center console addition is perfect. We drove the basic model without the extras and there is no comparison to the fully loaded version. The price was crazy cheap given what we got. Gas mileage is great. We love the car!

Satisifaction not match w/ price
By heart breaked buyer on 07/20/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Car only designed use for iPod, should change to universal usb drive for all other device. Manufacturer said avg 28 mpg local & 34 freeway-lie! I test as 26.43 mpg freeway. Car seat latch system missing building 2 on the seat back. I can use house key to open door w the alarm system on without any noise! Backseat sm window design 2 big, if close 1st roll window, open 2nd roll drive next to airport2 min, will feel huge pressure& hard to breath. Winds come in and reflect from back to front.

Where is Nissan's quality?
By Nissanjunk on 07/12/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle NEW 2 days ago. Within 10 miles I had brake pedal feedback/shudder. At 200 miles, the brakes shudder so hard that the steering wheel almost shakes your hand off of it. The A/C compressor was cycling in/out way too often. Check engine light on at 225 miles. Took it to the dealer today - Updates as of current: 1) Front rotors are warped 2) A/C compressor is shot, needs to be replaced 3) "We haven't had a chance to find out what the 'service engine soon' light issue is, nor have we found the source of the odd howling noise. This is the 2nd Nissan that has had ridiculous issues, but this one is only 36 HOURS OLD!

Zippity Dooooo!
By WilmaFlinstone on 07/10/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car and being able to put the money on the table and drive it off the lot (to quote Boz Scaggs)! Paid cash-and after a minimum amount of discussion got the vehicle for under $10,000.The car is quite basic-made the dealer put in a radio/cd as it had nothing(got a nice Pioneer) manual windows, locks,etc. but we don't care - awesome trunk-huge and the car hits 60 mph quickly! Also, saving a bundle on gas(commute 70 miles/day). Yeehaw- gotta love this Flintstones mobile!

LOVE the Hatchback
By Aussie Mom on 07/07/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have been looking and comparing cars for a while. We decided to test drive the Nissan Versa Hatchback. We drove the base model and then the SL. The SL model is the way to go. Ours has everything except the moonroof and navigation. I am really spoiled with all the extras. It is so quiet, and rides wonderfully. I have to watch my speed, because it feels like you are not moving that fast. There is so much room. We have 2 Aussies and lots of stuff and this can carry it all. It feels and looks like it should cost more!

Great passenger room and cheap!
By Pragmatic Bastard on 06/27/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this hatch because it had more room for passengers than any comparable cars. The Fit handled better, but seemed geared higher & had less room for passengers in back. The Yaris was tiny, had the annoying center gauges & felt like it would roll easily. Over 6500 miles, my Versa is getting 32 mpg (rural commute). The car is comfy, stable & handles well. It is too early to predict long term reliability. The only major knock I have is the drivetrain. The 6 speed manual needs a higher overdrive. The Clutch is a bit vague & needs to have more "feel". My total price was $15,000 out the door with California taxes and title for a 1.8S with power package, VDC and 5 yr. 0.9%. financing.

Great, so far
By Ken in MI on 06/20/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have 3000 miles after 3 months. No defects (that is the way all new cars should be). Getting decent highway mpg - last trip about 34. Quiet, roomy, comfortable seats, easy to reach controls, nice instrument panel layout, adequate acceleration, intermittent wipers and washers front and rear - nice! adequate a/c, bright headlights with excellent width/range. Engine quiet at idle and not too noisy during acceleration. Seats four adults comfortably without needing to adjust front seats (awesome!) Standard speakers in stereo not so good - have not been able to adjust treble/bass good enough yet. Cloth seats are lint magnets - will need to get a lint brush.

Broken Window
By skyman0820 on 06/14/10 20:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying I do really like this car. It handles well and is very quiet. Ingress and egress is phenomenal. Gas mileage is really good for a 1.8 liter engine. My only real complaint is that the rear door window shattered without warning today. I can't say for sure that nothing hit it to make it happen but it was quite explosive (glass flew to the other side of the car). I'm fortunate that no one was sitting in the back seat at the time as they surely would have been hurt. First question, what stops the window from rolling up when it finishes closing? If it's the glass itself then there could be too much stress on it. Might be worth a look from the design engineers.

Comfortable car
By Mark Schofield on 06/06/10 04:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking to replace the wife's Scion xA. The car is a bit larger and MUCH more comfortable. Quieter, more legroom. Sound system is good. Visibility is very good. I tried the Yaris, xD, and Fit and got this one for the quieter more comfortable ride. The others were more like sports cars (to me). After 3000 miles, so far so good. Gas mileage is a bit lower (averaging 30 mpg mixed driving) than the Scion.Got the drop-in rear storage compartment for $120 and a $50 armrest/console from eBay. A nice little car. I'm 6'6" and fit quite well.

Was a little unsure
By shaunsully on 06/01/10 21:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Was a little unsure about such a small car and some reviews! to sum it up! Great car! economical! practical! Fun to Drive. recommend the SL with the CVT. And it comes with center armrest! and Ipod hookup! also Sl has few great features that take away most complaints I have seen! If people were not so cheap they would get a much better value for some pocket change! really peppy car actually went from a Pontiac G6 gt to this and his would probably keep up with it! lol handles nice and very very comfy! also more lighting and mirrors in the SL! great buy for the price. Must drive it

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$132 per month*