Used 2010 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Zippity Dooooo!
By WilmaFlinstone

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car and being able to put the money on the table and drive it off the lot (to quote Boz Scaggs)! Paid cash-and after a minimum amount of discussion got the vehicle for under $10,000.The car is quite basic-made the dealer put in a radio/cd as it had nothing(got a nice Pioneer) manual windows, locks,etc. but we don't care - awesome trunk-huge and the car hits 60 mph quickly! Also, saving a bundle on gas(commute 70 miles/day). Yeehaw- gotta love this Flintstones mobile!

Favorite Features

Everything is fantastico!

Suggested Improvements

Make the radio a standard feature in the base model.

Great, so far
By Ken in MI

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have 3000 miles after 3 months. No defects (that is the way all new cars should be). Getting decent highway mpg - last trip about 34. Quiet, roomy, comfortable seats, easy to reach controls, nice instrument panel layout, adequate acceleration, intermittent wipers and washers front and rear - nice! adequate a/c, bright headlights with excellent width/range. Engine quiet at idle and not too noisy during acceleration. Seats four adults comfortably without needing to adjust front seats (awesome!) Standard speakers in stereo not so good - have not been able to adjust treble/bass good enough yet. Cloth seats are lint magnets - will need to get a lint brush.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, roomy interior, refined engine/trans - shifts are smooth and speed appropriate. Nice European styling with tall doors all about the same size. The metal flake blue paint is really sharp - when completely clean - car washes will be needed often for optimal appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Really regret not buying the power package as I miss cruise control- I will add an aftermarket kit eventually. Only one keyed door - cannot unlock other doors from outside - kind of a hassle. No internal hatch release - why? But my fault not checking these details when I bought it - my bad

think before buying Nissan
By toyosta

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very upset for having made mayor mistake in buying this car. It rattles badly, has terrible fuel economy, is uncomfortable to drive, the price is not competive with other small sedans. I do not know what I was thinking when I bought this. I would only buy a Toyota or a Chevy next time.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Engine need to be refurbish even when this car is "new". Nissan need to make a lot of improvements and their parts are very expensive.

Good Basic Car
By Joanna

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the base model for the automatic. No power anything, and no radio even (Went to best buy to buy a better one anyway). I only needed to replace my 2 door Civic I had sold in preparation of my first child. Its perfect for what I need. You won't find a cheaper new car that is decently built. You sit up higher than most sedans too. I like that! Although its taking me some getting used to pulling into a parking space as you can't see where your front bumper ends. Think the bubble shape is cute too. My tall husband can drive this car waayy most comfortable driving this car too, more leg and head room than most cars, doesn't feel small at all! A good purchase!

Favorite Features

Head and Leg room, price

Suggested Improvements

ABS should be standand on ALL cars if you ask me. Be sure to check if the model you look at has them.

Seems like a great value so far
By AnnDrexHill

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has worked out great so far, the price was low enough that I was able to afford nice extras inside. Lots of little things are included in the Versa: long sun shade works well for shorter drivers, good interior storage (huge glove box), you sit up high w/good visibility, impressive rear leg room, cool sunglass holder and iPod attachment. Handy radio controls on steering wheel. I held out for the Metallic Blue color because it's my favorite. Took another reviewer's advice and paid extra for the rear cargo organizer; it makes that deep hatch back well level with the fold-down seats and hides some of your stuff. Gas mileage only so-so.

Favorite Features

Love the Intelligent Key! Comfy seats, great seat height, deep glove box, decent map lights, long sun shades, ABS and other safety features, hatch windshield wiper (always wanted one of those!) Put your CD collection on your iPod: not much CD storage available.

Suggested Improvements

Direction of wiper stalk is counter-intuitive, AC comes on whenever blower control goes from defrost + floor to floor (very bad, I think), wish the power charger stayed on w/engine off to recharge gear, Bluetooth only compatible with a few phones (dealer should alert you about this)