2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Great deal for a practical commuter!
By NasserMA on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my mother and initially felt bad that I could not afford a nicer car for her. This completely changed once I got a chance to drive it! With the CVT, hatchback, upgraded interior this car is absolutely wonderful. I drove over 600 miles in one day and felt comfortable (I'm 6'4"!) and relaxed. The CVT is extraordinarily smooth and efficient and had no problem with power up mountains. This car is awesome, a great commuter, and I managed an average of 34-35 MPG during the trip!

Upholstery a nightmare
By Rose on 08/29/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Only complaint about this car is its interior upholstery. Everything sticks to it, therefore it is constantly covered with fibers from clothing and whatever else is flying in the air. Vacuuming helps, but have to work really hard to remove particles from upholstery. Even the upholstery itself seems to fluff up when it's vacuumed. The seats are very soft and comfortable but impossible to keep clean. Other than this complaint, this car is very nice.

Squeaky Brakes
By sjtdkt on 08/29/10 05:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased our 2010 Versa. In April 2010. Over all it is a great car. Great gas mileage. But the only problem we are having with ours is it doesn't even have 10,000 mile on it but the brakes squeak. We took it in to the dealers several times. For repair but they still squeak.

Let's be fair
By Rezavi, G on 08/19/10 11:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

You get what you pay for. I am satisfied with the car considering what I paid for it. There are some recurring themes of problems (let's face it we want to know the bad before we buy): 1. There is occasional weird noise when I make a hard right turn at > 30 mph from the rear right wheel. 2. Transmission down shifting is non- existing, it is another weirdness to it overall not very smooth. 3. Experience the fan on with only 10 secs interval when the air conditioning is on. That does not sound right. That's about it, the good news is that if your car is exhibiting one or all of these symptoms, well that's the point of 36,000 3 year warranty, get the bugs worked out while its covered.

A Great Car
By Rob on 08/17/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a safe, economical, practical car for my daughter to drive and the Versa is all that and more. The ride is quiet and smooth, the interior is comfortable and the controls are well thought out. We got 33 MPG on the highway driving to Texas...not too shabby. Plus, the car looks WAY better than the Fit or Yaris - especially if you get the red version and put on some window tint! 50 cu.ft. cargo capacity with the seats down, plus, the engine has a timing chain - not a belt! In my opinion, this car is hands down one of the best cars in it's class today.

Incredible Car!
By Fantastic car !!! on 08/13/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Versa with all the available options including premium package, cvt, nav, and sunroof. This car is awesome!I drive a BMW and the Versa is still a blast to drive. You have to go with all the extras for sure to make this car purchase worthwhile.Upgraded stereo is incredible with satellite and unbelievable sound with six speakers. The cvt is a must and the interior upgrades are a outstanding. the center console addition is perfect. We drove the basic model without the extras and there is no comparison to the fully loaded version. The price was crazy cheap given what we got. Gas mileage is great. We love the car!

Satisifaction not match w/ price
By heart breaked buyer on 07/20/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Car only designed use for iPod, should change to universal usb drive for all other device. Manufacturer said avg 28 mpg local & 34 freeway-lie! I test as 26.43 mpg freeway. Car seat latch system missing building 2 on the seat back. I can use house key to open door w the alarm system on without any noise! Backseat sm window design 2 big, if close 1st roll window, open 2nd roll drive next to airport2 min, will feel huge pressure& hard to breath. Winds come in and reflect from back to front.

Where is Nissan's quality?
By Nissanjunk on 07/12/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle NEW 2 days ago. Within 10 miles I had brake pedal feedback/shudder. At 200 miles, the brakes shudder so hard that the steering wheel almost shakes your hand off of it. The A/C compressor was cycling in/out way too often. Check engine light on at 225 miles. Took it to the dealer today - Updates as of current: 1) Front rotors are warped 2) A/C compressor is shot, needs to be replaced 3) "We haven't had a chance to find out what the 'service engine soon' light issue is, nor have we found the source of the odd howling noise. This is the 2nd Nissan that has had ridiculous issues, but this one is only 36 HOURS OLD!

LOVE the Hatchback
By Aussie Mom on 07/07/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have been looking and comparing cars for a while. We decided to test drive the Nissan Versa Hatchback. We drove the base model and then the SL. The SL model is the way to go. Ours has everything except the moonroof and navigation. I am really spoiled with all the extras. It is so quiet, and rides wonderfully. I have to watch my speed, because it feels like you are not moving that fast. There is so much room. We have 2 Aussies and lots of stuff and this can carry it all. It feels and looks like it should cost more!

Great passenger room and cheap!
By Pragmatic Bastard on 06/27/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this hatch because it had more room for passengers than any comparable cars. The Fit handled better, but seemed geared higher & had less room for passengers in back. The Yaris was tiny, had the annoying center gauges & felt like it would roll easily. Over 6500 miles, my Versa is getting 32 mpg (rural commute). The car is comfy, stable & handles well. It is too early to predict long term reliability. The only major knock I have is the drivetrain. The 6 speed manual needs a higher overdrive. The Clutch is a bit vague & needs to have more "feel". My total price was $15,000 out the door with California taxes and title for a 1.8S with power package, VDC and 5 yr. 0.9%. financing.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback in NJ is:

$217 per month*