Used 2010 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Hit or Miss
By baire92

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

All I can go by is the three weeks I had my car but I had a bad experience. Acceleration in a word SUCKS! Its not as bad on the freeway but when you press on the petal it feels like your going no where. Its the worst on complete stops when your trying to pick up speed in traffic. More than once people honked and gave me dirty looks. If the gas mileage was good I would overlook this but thats not even the case, and I use midgrade. Interior rattles all the time and reeks of cheapness. The overall design is nice and the headroom is amazing, however he leg room could be a bit better. Had to take it back to the dealer four times due to a defect in the suspesion before they upgraded me to a sentra

A great compact
By patriot1987

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So last week I traded in my Chrysler Sebring convertible, and I am absolutely satisfied with the Versa. I wanted to trade the convertible for a more family oriented car. I wanted a car with good gas mileage, and at 35 highway without being a hybrid this car gets great MPG. I wanted a safer car, and the Versa has great saftey features. It is VERY room on the inside, trunk space is generous. Car has a smooth, quiet ride. For a 4 cylinder sedan it has some pick and go, it also handles the turns well. The A/C and heater are great. The sound System is great. My wife and I are completely satisfied.

Lot of interior room. Car has 6 airbags and has great safety reviews. The sound system is clean and clear, even when you have it up loud. The smooth quiet ride is greatly appreciated after driving a convertible around for 2 years. Auxiliary plug in is always a plus. Great gas mileage (great for when you commute nearly 100 miles to work). A/C and heater are cold/hot almost instantly, no waiting for the engine to warm up.

Only two things that come to mind, I bought the car knowing some amenities weren't part of the package. Such as power locks, windows and cruise control. It is nice to have them, but the car functions great without them. However if there is no power locks, it would be nice to have a key port on the passenger side front door. And it would be nice if there was a trunk release from inside the car. Instead the only way to open the trunk is by the key.

WAS a good car, we thought!
By stallworthonline

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car about 2 months ago with 4200 miles on it. It was a dealership beater car for them. The car now has 8500 miles on it and it's now in the shop having the engine replaced. As soon as we got the car, I realized the number of RPM the engine turned so I chose to switch to full synthetic Mobil1 5/30. After 2900 miles, my roommate came home and explained to me the car was ticking. I pulled the oil stick to reveal a clean stick, NO oil. Now, after 2 weeks and a new engine, I'm still in a rental car because they can't get the new engine to run right either. Hope its fixed soon. Awesome gas mileage and comfortable. PLEASE LASSIE COME HOME. Hope no more problems after this!

No features in this car! LOL. Just a steering wheel and seats with a peppy little engine! Love it!

Hopefully by my failing engine being returned to Nissan, they can figure out what went wrong and correct the problem for other engines in the future.

New to Nissan
By Carla

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my new car a week now and so far I love it. I put a lot of miles in every week and find this car very comfortable and am getting the 34 mpg hwy. Woo Hoo! Lots of interior room - I didn't have a lot of money to spend so got the basics - wish I would have got power locks - there is no key for passenger side so lots of reaching across to lock and unlock doors. Otherwise it's a 10!

gas mileage, roomy interior

put a key in passenger door

Excellent value for money
By thgeary

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is awesome overall - very, very smart indeed, nippy/fast around town, but engine is geared low (hence the nippiness) so it revs high on freeway - 4k rpm for 80 mph - sounds like you're in a washing machine. backseat leg room is inexplicably huge - really - even for two 6'6" men sitting tandem it's huge. The inside materials are surprisingly good. gas mileage so far is 34 freeway, 30 commute (mix). So thats fine. The front-on view is pretty ugly, it has to be said, but I rarely see it, so i don't care. manual transmission is fun but notchy - this is no sports car (you knew that already though) Excellent value for money - 11.4k with destination, before tax etc. can't be beat.

Nippy. Smart looking. Good materials. Huge space inside. Value for money.

Check engine light was on for the first 400 miles. Front passenger side brake rotor dust shield was touching the rotor, making a scraping noise. Fixed it myself. Add a passenger side keyhole.