2010 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Hit or Miss
By baire92 on 08/07/12 23:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

All I can go by is the three weeks I had my car but I had a bad experience. Acceleration in a word SUCKS! Its not as bad on the freeway but when you press on the petal it feels like your going no where. Its the worst on complete stops when your trying to pick up speed in traffic. More than once people honked and gave me dirty looks. If the gas mileage was good I would overlook this but thats not even the case, and I use midgrade. Interior rattles all the time and reeks of cheapness. The overall design is nice and the headroom is amazing, however he leg room could be a bit better. Had to take it back to the dealer four times due to a defect in the suspesion before they upgraded me to a sentra

A great compact
By patriot1987 on 05/19/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So last week I traded in my Chrysler Sebring convertible, and I am absolutely satisfied with the Versa. I wanted to trade the convertible for a more family oriented car. I wanted a car with good gas mileage, and at 35 highway without being a hybrid this car gets great MPG. I wanted a safer car, and the Versa has great saftey features. It is VERY room on the inside, trunk space is generous. Car has a smooth, quiet ride. For a 4 cylinder sedan it has some pick and go, it also handles the turns well. The A/C and heater are great. The sound System is great. My wife and I are completely satisfied.

WAS a good car, we thought!
By stallworthonline on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car about 2 months ago with 4200 miles on it. It was a dealership beater car for them. The car now has 8500 miles on it and it's now in the shop having the engine replaced. As soon as we got the car, I realized the number of RPM the engine turned so I chose to switch to full synthetic Mobil1 5/30. After 2900 miles, my roommate came home and explained to me the car was ticking. I pulled the oil stick to reveal a clean stick, NO oil. Now, after 2 weeks and a new engine, I'm still in a rental car because they can't get the new engine to run right either. Hope its fixed soon. Awesome gas mileage and comfortable. PLEASE LASSIE COME HOME. Hope no more problems after this!

New to Nissan
By Carla on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my new car a week now and so far I love it. I put a lot of miles in every week and find this car very comfortable and am getting the 34 mpg hwy. Woo Hoo! Lots of interior room - I didn't have a lot of money to spend so got the basics - wish I would have got power locks - there is no key for passenger side so lots of reaching across to lock and unlock doors. Otherwise it's a 10!

Excellent value for money
By thgeary on 08/24/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is awesome overall - very, very smart indeed, nippy/fast around town, but engine is geared low (hence the nippiness) so it revs high on freeway - 4k rpm for 80 mph - sounds like you're in a washing machine. backseat leg room is inexplicably huge - really - even for two 6'6" men sitting tandem it's huge. The inside materials are surprisingly good. gas mileage so far is 34 freeway, 30 commute (mix). So thats fine. The front-on view is pretty ugly, it has to be said, but I rarely see it, so i don't care. manual transmission is fun but notchy - this is no sports car (you knew that already though) Excellent value for money - 11.4k with destination, before tax etc. can't be beat.

Zippity Dooooo!
By WilmaFlinstone on 07/10/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car and being able to put the money on the table and drive it off the lot (to quote Boz Scaggs)! Paid cash-and after a minimum amount of discussion got the vehicle for under $10,000.The car is quite basic-made the dealer put in a radio/cd as it had nothing(got a nice Pioneer) manual windows, locks,etc. but we don't care - awesome trunk-huge and the car hits 60 mph quickly! Also, saving a bundle on gas(commute 70 miles/day). Yeehaw- gotta love this Flintstones mobile!

Great, so far
By Ken in MI on 06/20/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have 3000 miles after 3 months. No defects (that is the way all new cars should be). Getting decent highway mpg - last trip about 34. Quiet, roomy, comfortable seats, easy to reach controls, nice instrument panel layout, adequate acceleration, intermittent wipers and washers front and rear - nice! adequate a/c, bright headlights with excellent width/range. Engine quiet at idle and not too noisy during acceleration. Seats four adults comfortably without needing to adjust front seats (awesome!) Standard speakers in stereo not so good - have not been able to adjust treble/bass good enough yet. Cloth seats are lint magnets - will need to get a lint brush.

think before buying Nissan
By toyosta on 04/28/10 21:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very upset for having made mayor mistake in buying this car. It rattles badly, has terrible fuel economy, is uncomfortable to drive, the price is not competive with other small sedans. I do not know what I was thinking when I bought this. I would only buy a Toyota or a Chevy next time.

Good Basic Car
By Joanna on 04/05/10 09:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the base model for the automatic. No power anything, and no radio even (Went to best buy to buy a better one anyway). I only needed to replace my 2 door Civic I had sold in preparation of my first child. Its perfect for what I need. You won't find a cheaper new car that is decently built. You sit up higher than most sedans too. I like that! Although its taking me some getting used to pulling into a parking space as you can't see where your front bumper ends. Think the bubble shape is cute too. My tall husband can drive this car waayy most comfortable driving this car too, more leg and head room than most cars, doesn't feel small at all! A good purchase!

Seems like a great value so far
By AnnDrexHill on 02/26/10 19:37 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has worked out great so far, the price was low enough that I was able to afford nice extras inside. Lots of little things are included in the Versa: long sun shade works well for shorter drivers, good interior storage (huge glove box), you sit up high w/good visibility, impressive rear leg room, cool sunglass holder and iPod attachment. Handy radio controls on steering wheel. I held out for the Metallic Blue color because it's my favorite. Took another reviewer's advice and paid extra for the rear cargo organizer; it makes that deep hatch back well level with the fold-down seats and hides some of your stuff. Gas mileage only so-so.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Versa Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*