2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Upholstery a nightmare
By Rose on 08/29/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Only complaint about this car is its interior upholstery. Everything sticks to it, therefore it is constantly covered with fibers from clothing and whatever else is flying in the air. Vacuuming helps, but have to work really hard to remove particles from upholstery. Even the upholstery itself seems to fluff up when it's vacuumed. The seats are very soft and comfortable but impossible to keep clean. Other than this complaint, this car is very nice.

Squeaky Brakes
By sjtdkt on 08/29/10 05:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased our 2010 Versa. In April 2010. Over all it is a great car. Great gas mileage. But the only problem we are having with ours is it doesn't even have 10,000 mile on it but the brakes squeak. We took it in to the dealers several times. For repair but they still squeak.

Where is Nissan's quality?
By Nissanjunk on 07/12/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle NEW 2 days ago. Within 10 miles I had brake pedal feedback/shudder. At 200 miles, the brakes shudder so hard that the steering wheel almost shakes your hand off of it. The A/C compressor was cycling in/out way too often. Check engine light on at 225 miles. Took it to the dealer today - Updates as of current: 1) Front rotors are warped 2) A/C compressor is shot, needs to be replaced 3) "We haven't had a chance to find out what the 'service engine soon' light issue is, nor have we found the source of the odd howling noise. This is the 2nd Nissan that has had ridiculous issues, but this one is only 36 HOURS OLD!

Great passenger room and cheap!
By Pragmatic Bastard on 06/27/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this hatch because it had more room for passengers than any comparable cars. The Fit handled better, but seemed geared higher & had less room for passengers in back. The Yaris was tiny, had the annoying center gauges & felt like it would roll easily. Over 6500 miles, my Versa is getting 32 mpg (rural commute). The car is comfy, stable & handles well. It is too early to predict long term reliability. The only major knock I have is the drivetrain. The 6 speed manual needs a higher overdrive. The Clutch is a bit vague & needs to have more "feel". My total price was $15,000 out the door with California taxes and title for a 1.8S with power package, VDC and 5 yr. 0.9%. financing.

Great car
By HippieVictorian on 04/30/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for a week with the premium package. I had a Saturn Vue prior and have not noticed a decrease in comfort or the quality of driving. I test drove a Honda Fit and this car and the Fit could not match the comfort of this car. My two year old daughter loves it. I still feel like I am setting in my SUV instead of a small car, but I can maneuver so much better. Great car!

Best New Car for the price
By kate&cal on 03/21/10 17:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

So far the car is amazing! We looked all around car shopping and we could not find any other car that could compare. As they say the price was right. Make sure to get the S series not the base it makes a difference. The only problem we ran into is we never owned a brand new car so no one told us that the first 5000 miles you get less MPG than on the sticker "engine Brake in they call it" except no one at the dealership told us. Worth the test drive!

So Far ... So Good!
By KRIS on 12/10/09 12:18 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We compared this car with with the toyota - yaris - no comparison scion - xD - too expensive hyundai - accent - poor build quality and underpowered honda - fit - nice but way overpriced The Versa is a very comfortable car, enough power to get onto a highway, and quiet. I get 28 mpg around town. We purchased it with the power package which includes cruise control. This is a tight little car. I will let you know in a couple of years if it was a good value. But so far, we like it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback in VA is:

$128 per month*