Used 2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Upholstery a nightmare
By Rose

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Only complaint about this car is its interior upholstery. Everything sticks to it, therefore it is constantly covered with fibers from clothing and whatever else is flying in the air. Vacuuming helps, but have to work really hard to remove particles from upholstery. Even the upholstery itself seems to fluff up when it's vacuumed. The seats are very soft and comfortable but impossible to keep clean. Other than this complaint, this car is very nice.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Change upholstery

Squeaky Brakes
By sjtdkt

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased our 2010 Versa. In April 2010. Over all it is a great car. Great gas mileage. But the only problem we are having with ours is it doesn't even have 10,000 mile on it but the brakes squeak. We took it in to the dealers several times. For repair but they still squeak.

Favorite Features

spacious car for a small vehicle for a family of 5

Suggested Improvements

none at this time

Where is Nissan's quality?
By Nissanjunk

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle NEW 2 days ago. Within 10 miles I had brake pedal feedback/shudder. At 200 miles, the brakes shudder so hard that the steering wheel almost shakes your hand off of it. The A/C compressor was cycling in/out way too often. Check engine light on at 225 miles. Took it to the dealer today - Updates as of current: 1) Front rotors are warped 2) A/C compressor is shot, needs to be replaced 3) "We haven't had a chance to find out what the 'service engine soon' light issue is, nor have we found the source of the odd howling noise. This is the 2nd Nissan that has had ridiculous issues, but this one is only 36 HOURS OLD!

Favorite Features

Electric assisted steering, maneuverability, fuel mileage, roomy interior for a compact

Suggested Improvements

ARM RESTS! More foot room for the driver or suitable "rest" to relax the foot against while engaging the accelerator pedal. QUALITY CONTROL!

Great passenger room and cheap!
By Pragmatic Bastard

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this hatch because it had more room for passengers than any comparable cars. The Fit handled better, but seemed geared higher & had less room for passengers in back. The Yaris was tiny, had the annoying center gauges & felt like it would roll easily. Over 6500 miles, my Versa is getting 32 mpg (rural commute). The car is comfy, stable & handles well. It is too early to predict long term reliability. The only major knock I have is the drivetrain. The 6 speed manual needs a higher overdrive. The Clutch is a bit vague & needs to have more "feel". My total price was $15,000 out the door with California taxes and title for a 1.8S with power package, VDC and 5 yr. 0.9%. financing.

Favorite Features

-Lots of space for 2 back seat passengers -Price (Fit = too many $$$) -Vehicle Dynamic Control -Safety Rating -Mileage (32mpg over 6500 miles) -Straight forward gauges -Good size hatch -Handles better than reviewers say -Turning Radius -Visibility -Price again :) I feel I got good value.

Suggested Improvements

-Higher 6th gear to get better mileage -Clutch with more "feel" -Inside hatch "popper" -AC that cools better(my car is black) -Oil filter in a better location for maintenance -Folding Seat like the Fit -VDC standard on all models -Less confusing wiper controls -Telescoping steering wheel

Great car
By HippieVictorian

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for a week with the premium package. I had a Saturn Vue prior and have not noticed a decrease in comfort or the quality of driving. I test drove a Honda Fit and this car and the Fit could not match the comfort of this car. My two year old daughter loves it. I still feel like I am setting in my SUV instead of a small car, but I can maneuver so much better. Great car!

Favorite Features

Built in ipod hook up. Comfortable seats. Love the controls on the steering wheel. Smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

The socket for my cell phone charger doesn't work unless the car is on. Still waiting on the adapter needed to use the ipod hook up from the dealership.