2010 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Love it so far.
By jeffrn on 08/12/12 02:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used. It has 40k miles on it but feels and looks new (kudos to previous owner). This car is a huge step up from my former SUV which as we all know was clumsy and a gas hog. This car is like a toy for me. It zips when I need it to and stops when I need it to. Corners like a champ and is full of features. Excellent car for the price.

Good value for the money
By ziggy1808 on 02/27/12 08:01 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2010 Versa SL Hatchback new in 2010. Options included the premium package and floor mats. The mileage rating on the window sticker indicated 28 city and 34 highway. In several 500 plus mile trips on interstate highways through the mountains of PA it did indeed get 34 mpg's, no more, no less. In city driving it has gotten close to 28 mpg's, sometime a little more, sometimes less. I have discovered that running the a/c or the defroster has a negative effect on gas mileage to the tune of 4 or 5 less miles per gallon in city driving. Very reliable, no issues.

Tire pressure monitoring/front bumper
By Steve on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

All of the good things you have read about the Nissan Versa are true. Unfortunately, the front bumper cover is too low to the ground and the clips that hold the cover on are too fragile. Half my clips broke within the first month of driving, the cover bottoms-out exiting driveways of all kinds. The impact causes the too fragile clips that hold it on to the car to break. The cover is now held on with epoxy and aquarium glue. The Nissan Versa also has a multi-year history of faulty tire pressure monitoring systems and this has not been fixed for 2010. Dealerships have no fix for this since the problem apparently is the result of poor engineering and manufacturing of the air valve stems.

Great deal for a practical commuter!
By NasserMA on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my mother and initially felt bad that I could not afford a nicer car for her. This completely changed once I got a chance to drive it! With the CVT, hatchback, upgraded interior this car is absolutely wonderful. I drove over 600 miles in one day and felt comfortable (I'm 6'4"!) and relaxed. The CVT is extraordinarily smooth and efficient and had no problem with power up mountains. This car is awesome, a great commuter, and I managed an average of 34-35 MPG during the trip!

Incredible Car!
By Fantastic car !!! on 08/13/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Versa with all the available options including premium package, cvt, nav, and sunroof. This car is awesome!I drive a BMW and the Versa is still a blast to drive. You have to go with all the extras for sure to make this car purchase worthwhile.Upgraded stereo is incredible with satellite and unbelievable sound with six speakers. The cvt is a must and the interior upgrades are a outstanding. the center console addition is perfect. We drove the basic model without the extras and there is no comparison to the fully loaded version. The price was crazy cheap given what we got. Gas mileage is great. We love the car!

Satisifaction not match w/ price
By heart breaked buyer on 07/20/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Car only designed use for iPod, should change to universal usb drive for all other device. Manufacturer said avg 28 mpg local & 34 freeway-lie! I test as 26.43 mpg freeway. Car seat latch system missing building 2 on the seat back. I can use house key to open door w the alarm system on without any noise! Backseat sm window design 2 big, if close 1st roll window, open 2nd roll drive next to airport2 min, will feel huge pressure& hard to breath. Winds come in and reflect from back to front.

LOVE the Hatchback
By Aussie Mom on 07/07/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have been looking and comparing cars for a while. We decided to test drive the Nissan Versa Hatchback. We drove the base model and then the SL. The SL model is the way to go. Ours has everything except the moonroof and navigation. I am really spoiled with all the extras. It is so quiet, and rides wonderfully. I have to watch my speed, because it feels like you are not moving that fast. There is so much room. We have 2 Aussies and lots of stuff and this can carry it all. It feels and looks like it should cost more!

Was a little unsure
By shaunsully on 06/01/10 21:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Was a little unsure about such a small car and some reviews! to sum it up! Great car! economical! practical! Fun to Drive. recommend the SL with the CVT. And it comes with center armrest! and Ipod hookup! also Sl has few great features that take away most complaints I have seen! If people were not so cheap they would get a much better value for some pocket change! really peppy car actually went from a Pontiac G6 gt to this and his would probably keep up with it! lol handles nice and very very comfy! also more lighting and mirrors in the SL! great buy for the price. Must drive it

Everything I wanted
By versaslowner on 05/30/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car to replace my two door Honda Civic. So far it is spacious, fun to drive, and everything I was hoping for. I'm not sure yet on the bas mileage, but it seems to be what I expected. Front seat has plenty of room. The keyless ignition and other features on the premium package are awesome!

Horrible Navigation
By cmeyers on 05/19/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car just for the navigation and it was a horrible idea. The navigation system gets me lost all the time. I spoke to Nissan corporate about the issue they said that they cut back on the navigation on this car. They use a completely different company for all their cars except on the Versa. Please do not buy this car with the navigation save your money and buy an external GPS navigation.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$133 per month*