Used 2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Love it so far.
By jeffrn

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used. It has 40k miles on it but feels and looks new (kudos to previous owner). This car is a huge step up from my former SUV which as we all know was clumsy and a gas hog. This car is like a toy for me. It zips when I need it to and stops when I need it to. Corners like a champ and is full of features. Excellent car for the price.

Favorite Features

CVT transmission. You can feel how much more efficient it is throughout the whole powerband. Comfortable front seats and the handling is decent. It can get up and go when you ask it.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter fuel injectors. Rear disc brakes would be nice.

Good value for the money
By ziggy1808

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2010 Versa SL Hatchback new in 2010. Options included the premium package and floor mats. The mileage rating on the window sticker indicated 28 city and 34 highway. In several 500 plus mile trips on interstate highways through the mountains of PA it did indeed get 34 mpg's, no more, no less. In city driving it has gotten close to 28 mpg's, sometime a little more, sometimes less. I have discovered that running the a/c or the defroster has a negative effect on gas mileage to the tune of 4 or 5 less miles per gallon in city driving. Very reliable, no issues.

Favorite Features

The SL model includes a much nicer interior, stereo, alloy wheels, fog lights, ground effects and most importantly, a continuously variable automatic transmission which improves gas mileage. The premium package gives you 16" alloy wheels, a better stereo with steering wheel controls, a leather wrapped steering wheel, blue tooth connectivity, and a few other items. My favorite feature, however, was how deeply Nissan discounted it. Nearly $4,000 off of the window sticker closed the deal for me.

Suggested Improvements

The front valance is a little too low; you need to be extra careful how you approach some driveways and parking situations. I wish the rear seats would fold down flat as in the Honda Fit.

Tire pressure monitoring/front bumper
By Steve

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

All of the good things you have read about the Nissan Versa are true. Unfortunately, the front bumper cover is too low to the ground and the clips that hold the cover on are too fragile. Half my clips broke within the first month of driving, the cover bottoms-out exiting driveways of all kinds. The impact causes the too fragile clips that hold it on to the car to break. The cover is now held on with epoxy and aquarium glue. The Nissan Versa also has a multi-year history of faulty tire pressure monitoring systems and this has not been fixed for 2010. Dealerships have no fix for this since the problem apparently is the result of poor engineering and manufacturing of the air valve stems.

Favorite Features

Headroom, leg room, back seat room, pleasantly responsive engine and CVT transmission, great gas mileage, comfortable seats, nice upholstery, adequate cargo room even with all the seats up.

Suggested Improvements

The supplied Continental tires have a long history of premature failure (see NTSB complaints), hatchbacks should come equipped with a cargo cover instead of having to buy it separately, improve the navigation system.

Great deal for a practical commuter!
By NasserMA

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my mother and initially felt bad that I could not afford a nicer car for her. This completely changed once I got a chance to drive it! With the CVT, hatchback, upgraded interior this car is absolutely wonderful. I drove over 600 miles in one day and felt comfortable (I'm 6'4"!) and relaxed. The CVT is extraordinarily smooth and efficient and had no problem with power up mountains. This car is awesome, a great commuter, and I managed an average of 34-35 MPG during the trip!

Favorite Features

super-smooth CVT, spacious interior with headroom for tall people (front and back)

Suggested Improvements

the upgraded 16" wheels/tires don't handle rough roads smoothly (otherwise fine), front end is a bit low (you will scratch it ;)

Incredible Car!
By Fantastic car !!!

2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Versa with all the available options including premium package, cvt, nav, and sunroof. This car is awesome!I drive a BMW and the Versa is still a blast to drive. You have to go with all the extras for sure to make this car purchase worthwhile.Upgraded stereo is incredible with satellite and unbelievable sound with six speakers. The cvt is a must and the interior upgrades are a outstanding. the center console addition is perfect. We drove the basic model without the extras and there is no comparison to the fully loaded version. The price was crazy cheap given what we got. Gas mileage is great. We love the car!

Favorite Features

CVT ride is incredible.Premium package a must including keyless entry interior upgrades. Value is ridiculous.

Suggested Improvements

Sun visors too long.