2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Surprising

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Review

By Bob K. on

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been looking at autos of this style for the past month. I've tested the Toyota Yaris, Chevy Aveo, Honda Fit, Kia Rio5, and the Hundai Elantra Touring. Some of them were a bit sportier in style and performance but mostly less than the Nissan. Roominess was and is a hands down to the Nissan. I absolutely despised the instrument layout in the Toyota I guess that I don't like having to look over for the speedo etc.. Price was also a factor with the Nissan hitting the right tone. For those who haven't driven the Chevy Aveo be cautioned, if you have to make a left turn and even see oncoming traffic you will be better off to get out and push than to use the accelerator. So far very Happy!

Comfort level of the Versa is far beyond my expectations, I'm 6'2" @ 210 and have no problem sitting in any seat in this car! I even have to come a bit forward from the stops in the driver's seat! Controls easily reached and well laid out. Fantastic Visibility! Elbow Room! Mileage so far averages 29

Make ABS standard feature in all but full blown basic model. Upgrade all stereo systems to MP3 plugin. Key latch on back hatch with manual handle, I just don't trust fully electric. Manual opening gas fill door and or emergency opening in back, (maybe one already but haven't found it yet.).