It is what it is...
By 3xNissanOwner on
2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Driving a 2000 Sable last summer when gasoline hit $4/gallon made me swear to replace it with a fuel-efficient car when it died. Now I am two weeks into owning this car and can report that the MPG is wondrous, I drove nearly 400 miles on the first tank of gas. The 5- speed stick makes for a ton of fun although the car gets noticeably buzzy above 70 mph and 5th doesn't feel like it should be the last upshift. This is not a problem around town where the car zips around like Yorkshire terrier hunting for mice, but I can't say I'm looking forward to interstate driving at high speed with this car. But what most owners say is true: This car feels a lot larger than it is.
Favorite Features
The six air bags, standard in all Versas, coupled with the $250 optional ABS package makes me feel very safe. The four factory speakers sound better than I had anticipated. And while the car is stripped to basics, there is still a tire pressure monitoring system. Go figure.
Suggested Improvements
Keyhole on passenger door. Remote trunk release. I could go on and on, but the 1.6 is cost-engineered to be under $11,000, so it is what it is.