2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Good Commuter Car

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

Good Commuter Car
By Aryan Ashtiani on

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am seventeen years old and this car was given to me as a gift from my father. I use it to drive to school and to my friends houses everyday. I find its comfortable and all my friends like that the interior is quite spacious. I drive this car allot, and have found that while it is great to drive alone, as soon as the car fills up with over four people, the performance begins to decrease extensively with the added weight to the point where driving becomes a big challenge. This car has two main flaws. One is the clunky gearbox which makes shifting into gear an uncomfortable chore, and the other is the pathetic braking ability. Stopping distances are dangerously long without ABS.

Large cabin size, fuel economy, acceleration is decent at 9.1 seconds from 0-60, large trunk space.

Braking is horrible, manual gear box needs much improvement, trunk can only be opened manually with a key, no trunk light