2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Cash for Clunkers Buy

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

Cash for Clunkers Buy
By Dave Shane on

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Versa Sedan 1.6 with 5 speed manual transmission and A/C with ABS through the "Cash for Clunkers" program. I wanted the least expensive car out there that had A/C and that an adult could fit into. I've owned Nissan's before and I know they make a better product. This car is made for practical adults. It has plenty of safety features and a lot of interior room. The truck is very roomy for vacation travel. For the kid in me, I do enjoy winding it up and going through the gears. It isn't a speed demon but I can get through traffic with ease if I'm running late.

I purchased the Versa in August 09 in South Carolina. The temps are in the high 80's to low 90's. The A/C works well and keeps the car cool, if not just plan cold. Even with the A/C running all the time at full blast, the car got 29 MPG on the first tank of gas in city driving.

1) The front seats take some getting used to. They are not that comfortable to me. They need more padding. 2) The horn is a little squeaker. I replaced mine with the one from my "clunkers" trade-in. 3) A key hole is needed on the passenger side. 4) Put gas tank on the Driver's side.