Basic
By Heather Dankovich on
2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I've had this car for about six months and I'm already tired of it. I previously owned an 06 Hyundai Sonata that I adored until I totaled it. The Versa gets great gas mileage, and I trust the Nissan name. However, it has depreciated $6000 already! I expected a small, foreign-made car to retain its value today but I was sadly mistaken! I have cruise control and ABS options. I'm mostly disappointed at the high price I'll be paying off for several years for a tiny, basic car. It is absolutely frightening to drive this car in the snow/ice or even high-wind (I was actually blown off the road once). There is poor get-up (when compared to my Sonata) and poor storage up front (lacks a console).
Favorite Features
Gas mileage. Cute appearance. Comfy seats. I am often impressed at how much I can store in the back of my car. However, I wish the back seats could be completely folded up (they only fold down on top).
Suggested Improvements
Interior frontal storage and radio controls on the steering wheel. What's with no mirror on the driver's visor?