2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
versa hatchback 1.8 manual
By john on 06/04/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Have 4000 miles on barebones, manual locks, windows, 6 speed hatchback. AC is strong enough for Florida summer. Quick enough for highway merging. Comfortable seating, front and rear. Very good visibility, this and crash rating were seller for me. Paid 13500 out the door including tags and taxes . Also included dealer installed cruise control. Only negative is that 1st gear is sometimes hard to find.Have driven sticks for last 20+ years and have never had this problem before. Wife feels gearing is too short between gears as well. OVERALL happy with purchase but would have liked ABS. bundling would increase price by $2000.

Nice Car
By TahoeGTIMan on 05/30/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchase this car new in Oct of '08 as a '09 model. A week after I bought the car, the car started to have a long crank. There were times that it would not start on the first try. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the 'Fuel Pressure Regulator'. Now the car has 22500 miles. I do drive far for work. So far everything has been alright. I am averaging 31MPG on this car. It starting to have the 'long crank problem' again for the third time. I will be taking my car in for the third time for the same issue. This is getting annoying. Good car but i would not buy another Versa.

Great Car!
By Felipe on 05/16/09 06:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's an excelent car, has quality and performance. It holds pretty much everything our family needs.

I love my versa
By Lisa on 05/15/09 11:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just love my versa. What a fun car to drive. Averaging 26mpg - less than advertised 40mpg - but still am satisfied. Very comfortable, even on long trips. Ample room in the trunk area - and I'm always loading it up with Costco bulk purchases! Two repair problems so far and I'm still under 2000 miles. Driver door lock would not unlock manually, and I needed a new fuel pump after experiencing difficulty starting the vehicle. I've read on a number of forums that this is a problem for many, however Nissan has not issued a recall, just a service bulletin. Despite this, I just love the car and would recommend it to anyone.

Excellent MPG's and price
By robj80 on 05/07/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I grabbed this 1.6 because I needed a car and didn't want a used one. I have never gotten less then 34mpg mixed driving. It's way better then the EPA rated. The car costs very little, insurance is hardly nothing and it's so roomy.

Plagued With Problems
By Kathryn on 05/06/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Nissan Versa SL about 6 months ago. About a month after purchase, the AC starting making loud rattling noises. Brought it to the dealership to be fixed with no success. Had to argue with the dealer just to get them to even look at the car again, and 2 months later and after 2 more drop-offs that problem appears to be solved by replacing the entire AC system. A few weeks after this incident, the car starts having trouble turning over. The dealer replaces the Fuel Pump Regulator, which solves the problem for about 6 weeks. Today, the car is back in the shop with the same issue again. Already considering getting rid of it, despite the loss I would take. NOT RECOMMENDED.

After 2000 miles
By anna on 04/29/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my SL hatch 2 months ago (see "New Versa Yesterday") and so far I have no cause for complaint! It averages 32-33mpg mostly highway driving. Definitely spring for the SL if you can.

Engine Knock, High Winding transmission
By Christine Bowyer on 04/18/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, after 637 miles car engine started knocking. High winding transmission noises. Been in the shop for 28 days, serviced 4 times. Changed 6 different parts, then they had to install a new engine. New engine still knocks, Nissan will no longer honor warranty with only 13,000 miles. So am in Arbitration w/ BBB AUTOLINE. Hopefully this will get resolved. Other than all that car is cute, economic about 27-33mph.

I love my versa! makes me happy!
By berkeleygal on 04/10/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the honda fit and the scion xd, and I chose the versa mainly because of the roomy interior and the price. Definitely worth the upgrade to the SL, the S and base versions don't have as nice interior (armrest,upholstery, ipod). This car is perfect for my commute and it's fun to zip around the city in. It's comfortable to drive and isn't goofy looking like the scion or the fit. It gets good gas mileage, handles well, and drives fine on the freeway and in the city. I've read reviews where they say it's a snooze to drive, but I disagree. It's got the ipod jack and cruise control, and it feels like you are in a much larger car. My family and friends can all ride comfortably in it!

Great Point A to B car
By versalove on 03/24/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Did tons of research on compacts out today. All have pro's and con's. Most important in the end was safety ratings then price. The Versa fit my bill the best and is a really nice ride for the money. Unfortunately the car only came with automatic tranny, AC and floormats as options, but dealer hooked me up with splash guards. As for the lack of radio I just went on ebay and got a factory versa radio for 50 buck. Car then was complete and I was totally happy. Interior is VERY roomy and comfortable. Power from engine is zippy, but can be very buzzy when acelerating hard. Seen 28 to 40 mpgs so car is great fuel saver. Automatic tranny is not the smoothest I've driven.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$119 per month*