Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Nissan Versa Sedan Great Car
By john cooke

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it the end of March 2009. Just wanted cheap transportation with good gas mileage. Got it. More room than anyone would imagine for a small car. I get 33 MPG in the winter and consistently 37 in the summer. My wife has a Honda Civic. I like the Nissan better. Great car.

Room. Gas mileage. Comfort for a small car. Relatively high seats. You're not sitting on the floor.

None for the money.

Same songe, two Versa(s)
By DD

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my son a 2007 Versa Hatchback about a week ago; I loved it. I bought one for myself two days ago, a 2009 with 6k on it, with every option but a skating rink! (No fog lights, really.) The car has smooth acceleration and deceleration, good cornering, and is wonderfully quiet. Of all the small cars I looked at--Matrix, Corolla, Scion XB, XD, Nissan Sentra--the Versa has the very best leg room in the back. I just filled up yesterday, so I'm not sure about gas mileage I'll get.

Moon roof, back seat leg room, CVT engine--saves a lot of braking. Bluetooth and cruise right on steering wheel, intelligent key, and I especially like that the car is very quiet.

The car does not have factory direct tinted windows except for the moon roof.

Rear window defect
By Linda Baiz

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Two days ago the rear window of my Versa shattered spontaneously. I had just started the vehicle but was not yet in gear. There was no evidence of a rock or bird strike. Nissan does not warranty broken windows and my insurance has a $500 deductible so I had to pay $386 for replacement.

Until the above incident, I enjoyed the Versa very much. It's roomy, holds the road well, looks nice and is quite fuel efficient.

Fix the spontaneously shattering rear window problem. I understand this happens a lot in Nissans. I will never buy or recommend any one to buy a Nissan because of this.

Good Noise Reduction
By katsuko

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it 4 months ago and i traveled out of state and found that it had good noise reduction. Inside is very quiet and when i opened the window in the highway, thats when i realized it is very quiet inside. I bought a standard no powerlock/window with auto trans and ac and found that it only gets 25-26 miles per gallon in it. Next time i get the more expensive one to get more mpg. I will get the cvt instead. don't get the basic if u want more mpg. Turning is good and brake is good too. the seat is high which is good because i realized it when i was at my friend car. PLus it is very roomy inside and i lov it.

Noise reduction, is very quiet in highway, high seats and yellow lights interior.

mpg for basic one. Do not get the basic you only get 25 miles pg. get the cvt.

Okay drive, but don't get too excited.
By codfish78

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle last summer during the CASH FOR CLUNKERS program. No problem at all so far. With the $4500 discount, $150 additional discount for scrap value, plus the dealer's free destination fee, I paid $5340 plus tax for the basic model. Mine is dark metallic blue with a charcoal interior. I think it looks pretty sharp. The car does all the basics well, but I wouldn't want this to be my only vehicle. I am 6' 4" tall and weigh over 300lbs. and I fit into this car easily. In fact, I find it quite comfortable. If I had to pay sticker price, I would have gone elsewhere. However, for the price I paid, I think this car is quite decent. See my specific likes/dislikes below.

Great interior head and leg room up front. Trunk is pretty large. Tilt wheel, tachometer, and six airbags all standard in base model. Gas mileage average around 33 MPG in mostly rural driving at 40-60 MPH. Gas cap on driver's side helps with less gas station waits. Best of all---CHEAP TO BUY!!!

Gear shifts way too early. You need to be in 4th gear at only 35 MPH. This leads to very noisy engine at higher speeds. Front seats could use more padding. There is no key entrance on driver's side door. So you need to open driver's door to unlock passenger's door. Gear shifter a bit balky.

• SUV