Used 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Great affordable car
By CJ & Rich

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We replaced our old Ford F 150 extended cab with the new Versa. Our other Vehicle is a 2001 Ford F250 crew cab, so going small was a big issue for us. We were used to having lots of room. We have had our Versa for 3 months. So far, we love it. It is very comfortable especially for it's size. We recently took a 700+ mile trip down to Florida in it. We are not little people by any stretch of the imagination, yet we were quite comfortable. Gas mileage was a strong 36 to 38 miles to the gallon....we love that!

Love it's style, Gas millage, Comfort and handling. We are glad we got the Moon Roof, it makes feel bigger inside.

More places to plug electronic accessories in. Cup holders in back seat. bigger & longer armrests in front seats...they are really wimpy and short.

Great value economy car
By gregoron

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2009 1.8S hatchback model with a 4sp auto trans, and no pwr door locks and pwr windows. Overall, it's a good daily commuter car with a roomy and elegant interior for its class. I think this car delivers more value than its competitors the Honda Fit, Suzuki SX4, Hyundai Accent, and Scion xD. I get around 20 mpg in town so far. But at 500 miles, I did have a faulty evap valve on the catalytic converter replaced by the dealer under warranty. It's a world car - aka Tiida in Europe/Japan. The US Versa is put together in Mexico with the engine and transmission assembled in Japan. I'm pleased with the car. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish and frugal daily commuter.

Nice exterior and interior design. Engine has some power on the low end and has advanced features such as EVVT, electric power steering, drive-by-wire throttle, and a timing CHAIN. Shocks have good dampening to give a smooth ride in town and highway.

I'd suggest an in-car trunk release for those without power door locks. Better fuel economy would be nice. More space between the accelerator and brake pedals.

Fun Car
By Justin

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have only owned this car for 2 months but I am extremely happy with it. I am 6' 4" and fit in it just fine. This site really helped in my decision to purchase it. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a good fun car at a fair price.

Keyless entry/ignition. The CVT transmission.

Nothing

Exceeds My Expectations!
By Meshella

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have to admit, I cried when my husband traded in our 02 VW Beetle for this car. This is my first Nissan and I am VERY impressed by the quality of this car. The ride is smooth and quiet, plenty of head and leg room for everyone to fit comfortably, and amenities galore you would not expect to find on such a well priced car ($18,400)! We have close to 8K miles on our SL Versa. The gas mileage went from OK (27 mpg) to GREAT (32) as it becomes more broken in. We have every option imaginable, sunroof, bluetooth, remote keyless entry/ignition, cruise, CVT, stero upgrade with AUX port, steering controls, power everything, sporty body kit upgrade and no problem with any of it.

All the gadgety options that are available on this entry level car. GAS MILEAGE! Overall price. Comfort of the seats. The height of the vehicle almost makes it feel like a crossover and makes it easy to get in and out of.

The back seats don't fold down completely leaving about a 2" hump. The whole car could afford to be a tiny bit wider. The only reason I didn't give this car a perfect 10 is because it's not a "performance" car and "Fun to Drive" for me = FAST. It does very well for its class though!

New Nissan Versa
By Mike

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My Wife and I bought a Nissan as our first car in 1983. It was a Stanza and was a horrible car. We never considered Nissan again until I found this Nissan Versa. I wanted a fun car for errands and commuting and the Fit and Yaris were too small. We looked at used cars but found that a new 2009 Versa was actually a better deal than a used car. I love the way it rides, it holds my carpoolers well, the standard radio/CD player is great, it is peppy and holds plenty of groceries in the hatch. While in this car I am 57 years young, taking me back to my college days. My Wife wanted black and frankly speaking it looks as expensive as an Audi or similar small expensive car.

I love the hatchback and the deep glove compartment.

I really need something additional to hold stuff between the seats. I really did not need 4 cup holders (5 if you include the one on the door).