2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
This car is GREAT!
By ES on 02/12/09 02:28 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The 2009 Nissan 1.8 SL Hatchback was not even in my radar when I started doing my research for a new car. 48 hours after test driving one, though, I ordered it with all the available packages. This car is very fun to drive and has enough zip to not disappoint. CVT makes the ride so much smoother and quieter than the 2009 Honda Fit (I test drove both cars back to back on the same day). Edmunds.com may think it's a plain car, but I love it. Nothing complicated; just sound Nissan engineering.

What the others are missing!
By ted on 01/31/09 00:01 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Versa is a Renault design. Going all the way back to the Renault Dauphine, they are the only small cars I have ever seen with no front wheel well incursion into the passenger cabin. Not only can a tall driver stretch out, you also have lots of leg room side to side. It feels as comfortable and spacious as a Cadillac, to me. As I often rent cars to tour Europe, I am accustomed to the style and it is not goofy, to me. It is actually something distinctive. As the French invented front drive and have been making quality small cars for 50 years, I was ready for some Franco style and design in a Nissan package!

Nissan Should Be Ashamed
By Disappointed on 01/22/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first new car, it has been driven for a year and I am considering trading it in. For a buyer that was supposedly making an upgrade from a 295,000 mile 1991 Toyota Previa I am truly disappointed. The car has been in the shop for major repairs like a malfunctioning A/C condenser, and braking problems. I never had such problems with my Previa. The engine knocks pretty loud in the mornings too. Needless to say, this was one of the worst cars I've bought, and I cant get rid of it because the resale value on the Nissan Versa and Nissan Sentra drop like a stone once you drive them off the lot

Best sub-compact
By scribdraw on 01/18/09 08:08 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Versa is by far the best sub-compact on the road. Seats are thick and supportive and handling is great. Back seats don't lay as flat as the fit, but are much more comfortable and tons more leg room/head room. Cool features like bluetooth and I-key. Good price.

Nissan Versa Dream Car
By nissan versa 09 on 12/27/08 23:31 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I got a Nissan Versa 09 in Aug 08. I love my car. I have purchased 4 cars in the past 10 years and was looking for that perfect fit.

Nissan - get with the times!
By Monica on 11/20/08 07:11 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a cute car but I do not understand why Nissan does not make the aux port on the radio (for mp3 players) standard on all vehicles, especially the Versa which is priced for the younger crowd. The standard radio has a six CD changer, but who listens to CDs anymore? Seriously. Also, there is no armrest in the center for the right arm, which is mildly annoying, and there are no map lights which is pretty dumb. I'm not looking for luxury, but it would be nice if Nissan would be ahead of the curve on the cultural zeitgeist. Other vehicles in this category come with the aux port standard. When I asked how to upgrade the radio they said I couldn't do it.

Breaking in our 2009 Versa SL CVT
By Bombero on 11/19/08 13:05 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Got best gas miles on a trip to casino. Oct 30 2008 188 divided by 8.3 = 22.6 @259.9 per gallon 00188 Nov 11 2008 133 divided by 5.7= 23.3 @ 2.35 per gallon 00322 After trip to casino using cruise control first time above 45 mph Nov 11 2008 133.4 divided 3.2 = 41.6 Wow... no hills... 00456 Still driving easy for the first 1000 miles.

An Excellent Car for the Price
By ksmith45 on 11/17/08 06:35 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

For its price, this car is undeniably a great deal. The hatchback is sporty in appearance, the interior is incredibly spacious for its overall size and the interior is very well designed. While the car is considered a compact by class, it doesn't feel so while driving as its 1.8 L engine has plenty of power for the car, and the transmission has almost seamless smooth transitions. Overall, this car is perfect for people who want a sporty commute to work and great fuel efficiency.

Improve the CVT
By Rob on 11/12/08 06:24 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We loved the car at first. Have had numerous mechanical issues, sluggish cvt (still a problem, dealer indicated that we should change our 35 years of driving approach) hard starting, rpm to low at 40 mpg, all 4 tires were defective and needed to be replaced. Service to fix was slow at best. Very disappointing. No follow up from Nissan after purchase, regarding purchase experience and performance of the Versa.

Nice car
By Eric on 11/08/08 12:32 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The car is comfortable, peppy, and quiet. Fun to drive. Very easy to clutch and shift. The back seat is very roomy, more than you would expect. The pros rate it as just a blah, so-so car. But they always compare it to another one that is 2-4 thousand more. It seems they do not have to listen to their bank account telling them a little compromise is OK. About the only thing you have to get used to is that on the highway, doing 65-70 mph, even in 6th gear, the engine RPM are about 3K, so you always think you still have to upshift.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback in VA is:

$124 per month*