Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

So far so good
By Tanyarmorris

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I went from having a Jeep Wrangler with a 4 inch lift to this little car at my husbands suggestion (saving $ on fuel, of course). I was extremely hesitant until I drove the car. It's fun to drive with plenty of room for my kids and a trunk large enough to fit several bodies in.

Really roomy

Factory tinted windows, install a center console for an armrest and move the seat lever, make keyless entry standard.

Beautiful
By Geared2Go

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's been said that it's goofy looking but I think it's grown up looking inside and out. It's quiet and is a nice commuter car in comfort. Huge trunk you could fit a body in. Lots of style. Mine's loaded with goodies from bluetooth, upgraded speakers, keyless entry and start, power everything. I love my new car.

Blue tooth, 6 cd changer, ipod socket, keyless entry and start, roomy interior and sporty exterior.

Cup holders not in a really convenient place.

No gas mileage
By Curious

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought this vehicle new off the dealers lot. It had 57 miles. We now have 620 miles and have filled up 3 times already. It is rated at 32 highway and 24 city. Most of the mileage is highway so I would expect better than 19 mpg. The dealership says it has to break in to get better gas mileage. I have several trips planned in this car that will cost a fortune buying all this gas.

Room and more room.

I can only hope Nissan can improve the gas mileage on this car.

Nissan Versa Sedan Great Car
By john cooke

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it the end of March 2009. Just wanted cheap transportation with good gas mileage. Got it. More room than anyone would imagine for a small car. I get 33 MPG in the winter and consistently 37 in the summer. My wife has a Honda Civic. I like the Nissan better. Great car.

Room. Gas mileage. Comfort for a small car. Relatively high seats. You're not sitting on the floor.

None for the money.

Same songe, two Versa(s)
By DD

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my son a 2007 Versa Hatchback about a week ago; I loved it. I bought one for myself two days ago, a 2009 with 6k on it, with every option but a skating rink! (No fog lights, really.) The car has smooth acceleration and deceleration, good cornering, and is wonderfully quiet. Of all the small cars I looked at--Matrix, Corolla, Scion XB, XD, Nissan Sentra--the Versa has the very best leg room in the back. I just filled up yesterday, so I'm not sure about gas mileage I'll get.

Moon roof, back seat leg room, CVT engine--saves a lot of braking. Bluetooth and cruise right on steering wheel, intelligent key, and I especially like that the car is very quiet.

The car does not have factory direct tinted windows except for the moon roof.