2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Exceeds My Expectations!
By Meshella on 09/02/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have to admit, I cried when my husband traded in our 02 VW Beetle for this car. This is my first Nissan and I am VERY impressed by the quality of this car. The ride is smooth and quiet, plenty of head and leg room for everyone to fit comfortably, and amenities galore you would not expect to find on such a well priced car ($18,400)! We have close to 8K miles on our SL Versa. The gas mileage went from OK (27 mpg) to GREAT (32) as it becomes more broken in. We have every option imaginable, sunroof, bluetooth, remote keyless entry/ignition, cruise, CVT, stero upgrade with AUX port, steering controls, power everything, sporty body kit upgrade and no problem with any of it.

Great MPG, Quiet, Comfortable, Quality
By Kraken on 09/01/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Brand new 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6L / 5spd Sedan. Miles per gallons is underrated. With a combination of freeway and city street driving we are getting over 40 miles per gallon as an average. 400+miles with only 10 gallons of gas! So on the highway the mileage is probably well over 40mpg. This 1.6L sips gas even with the A/C on. Not only that but this 1.6L engine accelerates pretty well for it's size. Is surprisingly roomy for it's size as well. Fits 4 adults comfortably. Handles well, very much like a VW Golf or similar. Quiet engine and quiet ride.

Cash for Clunkers Buy
By Dave Shane on 08/30/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Versa Sedan 1.6 with 5 speed manual transmission and A/C with ABS through the "Cash for Clunkers" program. I wanted the least expensive car out there that had A/C and that an adult could fit into. I've owned Nissan's before and I know they make a better product. This car is made for practical adults. It has plenty of safety features and a lot of interior room. The truck is very roomy for vacation travel. For the kid in me, I do enjoy winding it up and going through the gears. It isn't a speed demon but I can get through traffic with ease if I'm running late.

New Nissan Versa
By Mike on 08/25/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My Wife and I bought a Nissan as our first car in 1983. It was a Stanza and was a horrible car. We never considered Nissan again until I found this Nissan Versa. I wanted a fun car for errands and commuting and the Fit and Yaris were too small. We looked at used cars but found that a new 2009 Versa was actually a better deal than a used car. I love the way it rides, it holds my carpoolers well, the standard radio/CD player is great, it is peppy and holds plenty of groceries in the hatch. While in this car I am 57 years young, taking me back to my college days. My Wife wanted black and frankly speaking it looks as expensive as an Audi or similar small expensive car.

first time buyer
By NP on 08/25/09 07:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I am absolutely in love with my Versa. Previously drove another Nissan and so was interested in buying another one. As a first time buyer did a lot of research on cars and found this to be the best. Initially I wasn't interested in a hatchback but this has more of a sporty look and that old timey station wagon feel. Comfortable car, features great, and good for road trips. As a recent graduate, the price was extremely affordable. I would pick this car again and again if I had to do it over.

Good Commuter Car
By Aryan Ashtiani on 08/21/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am seventeen years old and this car was given to me as a gift from my father. I use it to drive to school and to my friends houses everyday. I find its comfortable and all my friends like that the interior is quite spacious. I drive this car allot, and have found that while it is great to drive alone, as soon as the car fills up with over four people, the performance begins to decrease extensively with the added weight to the point where driving becomes a big challenge. This car has two main flaws. One is the clunky gearbox which makes shifting into gear an uncomfortable chore, and the other is the pathetic braking ability. Stopping distances are dangerously long without ABS.

LOVE my Versa, don't miss my Clunker!
By manyskilz on 08/19/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa FE+ 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, so I've only had it a week, but it's been a great week. I drove everything before deciding on the Versa - it was the best equipped for the $, and has a solid feel, not like that "tin can little car" feel you'd expect. If you're buying, spring for the SL with CVT - great mpg, and surprising zip factor. Got 29mpg on first tank. Also surprising - the roominess in the cabin. No cramped legs, no bumped heads. LOTS of storage. Parking is a breeze. Great price, great incentives, great warranty. I drive a LOT, and am very happy and expecting only to grow happier with my choice. Getting lots of compliments too...from "cool car!" to "adorable!" to "wow!" ... this is my second Nissan, won't be last!

Surprising
By Bob K. on 08/19/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been looking at autos of this style for the past month. I've tested the Toyota Yaris, Chevy Aveo, Honda Fit, Kia Rio5, and the Hundai Elantra Touring. Some of them were a bit sportier in style and performance but mostly less than the Nissan. Roominess was and is a hands down to the Nissan. I absolutely despised the instrument layout in the Toyota I guess that I don't like having to look over for the speedo etc.. Price was also a factor with the Nissan hitting the right tone. For those who haven't driven the Chevy Aveo be cautioned, if you have to make a left turn and even see oncoming traffic you will be better off to get out and push than to use the accelerator. So far very Happy!

Love this car!
By MargeHD on 08/14/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa FE+ 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car. Classified as a sub-compact but feels much bigger. More front seat room than my friend's prius. (I am a big person.) sits high which makes it easy to get in and out of. First tank's mileage=27 mpg in mixed driving, including a Major multi-mile summer beach traffic jam.

Nice car but little bit TOO basic
By ShortnSassy on 08/09/09 02:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We already have a car payment, so we decided to get just the basic Versa with only air condition and auto transmission add-ons. When it comes to Nissan's 'basic', be careful because there are a few things we didn't notice until after buying the car. No way to adjust the side mirrors from inside, no clock and the thing that we were most disappointed about is, there is no key hole on the passenger side. You can't unlock the door from the passenger side! What if someone parked so close to your driver's door that you couldn't get in? Well, then your out of luck because there's no other way to get in the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$120 per month*