Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Pretty good for the $$
By William Dodd

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a good and reliable car since purchased about a year and a half ago. Gas mileage and passenger space is good. Handling, especially in strong winds, is not the best. Tiring to drive on long trips.

Back seat room, trunk space, reliability, acceleration, gas mileage (28/35)

Better stability and handling in strong winds, more comfortable seats.

1.6 base sedan review
By brkrotke

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for about six months now, and haven't had any issues. I average 35 mpg with 75% city/ 25% highway, which is great in my opinion. Feels refined when you drive it, and it shifts smoothly. I'm 6'4" and I fit perfectly inside.

Low price, refinement, mpg

Lower gearing for the highway (3k rpm @ 60 mph) Because it sounds like I'm over-revving the engine at that speed.

Great car so far only 6 months in
By Aidan

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Compared to my former car a late 90's escort this is a whole different class of vehicle lol. Acceleration is good with the manual even with the A/C on. Cabin is very nice, roomy and mostly quality plastics are used. I don't like the A/C/Heat knobs they feel weak. Tons of storage with the back seats down. I'm getting on average 30 mpg best is around 32 worst being 28! Stereo is decent as are the speakers, glove box has tons of storage & there are tons of other places to hide stuff! Overall for what I paid I feel I got more than what the competition had on offer if you just want to go from home to work and back. Even on the interstate this car was comfortable, solid and quiet at speed.

The cabin even though it's basic it is for the most part quality for the price paid there isn't better to be had. Stock stereo is decent as are the speakers all 4 of them! I really like the 6 speed manual transmission.

I originally wanted a black 1.6 with A/C and power option but was told no because there was only one they could find just like that on the east coast! The base model seems to be out there for marketing if anything, reality is the dealership wants you in something more expensive!

So far so good
By Tanyarmorris

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I went from having a Jeep Wrangler with a 4 inch lift to this little car at my husbands suggestion (saving $ on fuel, of course). I was extremely hesitant until I drove the car. It's fun to drive with plenty of room for my kids and a trunk large enough to fit several bodies in.

Really roomy

Factory tinted windows, install a center console for an armrest and move the seat lever, make keyless entry standard.

Beautiful
By Geared2Go

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's been said that it's goofy looking but I think it's grown up looking inside and out. It's quiet and is a nice commuter car in comfort. Huge trunk you could fit a body in. Lots of style. Mine's loaded with goodies from bluetooth, upgraded speakers, keyless entry and start, power everything. I love my new car.

Blue tooth, 6 cd changer, ipod socket, keyless entry and start, roomy interior and sporty exterior.

Cup holders not in a really convenient place.