2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.5L Sedan w

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

1.6 Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.5L Sedan w/AC
By BShaffer on

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I went out to get a fuel efficient entry level car, and this one is what I landed on. I used to like Toyotas, but in comparison to the 1.5L Yaris, this thing takes the cake. This motor, for what it is, really screams. I drove it through 14 inches of snow without a problem last week, and am getting over 40MPG highway on long trips. My average MPG is around 34. It costs around 7.5 cents per mile for gas, which is better than everything else I own, other than my Harley. I did notice a drop in mileage after the synthetic oil was put in at the dealership at 8000 miles. You're not going to beat too many people at the drag strip in this thing, but it's a nice little car.

Simple car, no BS. There aren't many vehicles out there that are simple like this. It reminds me of my old '84 Tercel, but with some balls.

Definitely needs a 6th gear or higher final ratio. I find myself starting out in 2nd gear for a smoother ride. I like to go around 90MPH on the highway from time to time, and that puts me over 4000 RPM. The car can handle it OK, but it's not geared for sustained speeds over 80.