2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Okay drive, but don't get too excited.
By codfish78 on 02/02/10 10:11 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle last summer during the CASH FOR CLUNKERS program. No problem at all so far. With the $4500 discount, $150 additional discount for scrap value, plus the dealer's free destination fee, I paid $5340 plus tax for the basic model. Mine is dark metallic blue with a charcoal interior. I think it looks pretty sharp. The car does all the basics well, but I wouldn't want this to be my only vehicle. I am 6' 4" tall and weigh over 300lbs. and I fit into this car easily. In fact, I find it quite comfortable. If I had to pay sticker price, I would have gone elsewhere. However, for the price I paid, I think this car is quite decent. See my specific likes/dislikes below.

best buy in the market
By 8995.00 on 01/11/10 15:34 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is an unbelievable value. quiet, smooth shifting, comfortable, economic and tight little car. I purchased it to keep the miles off my diesel truck, but my daughter liked it so much she kept it for her graduation gift. No problems, no repairs. I guess I will have to purchase another one for me.

2009 Nissan Versa 1.5L Sedan w/AC
By BShaffer on 12/28/09 06:08 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I went out to get a fuel efficient entry level car, and this one is what I landed on. I used to like Toyotas, but in comparison to the 1.5L Yaris, this thing takes the cake. This motor, for what it is, really screams. I drove it through 14 inches of snow without a problem last week, and am getting over 40MPG highway on long trips. My average MPG is around 34. It costs around 7.5 cents per mile for gas, which is better than everything else I own, other than my Harley. I did notice a drop in mileage after the synthetic oil was put in at the dealership at 8000 miles. You're not going to beat too many people at the drag strip in this thing, but it's a nice little car.

Dissapointing new car
By Alan Magnes on 11/23/09 13:15 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought 1.6 versa without air conditioning or radio. After purchase I find out that there is no kit to add air conditioning. I dont know about the 1.8 versa but this 5 speed has the engine turning at 3000 rpm at 60mph,sounds like it is ready to blow up at highway speed. I am very dissapointed overall and will get rid of this thing before the warm weather.

Niisan Versa
By versaS09 on 11/22/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ive owned this versa sedan Sport for about 7 months now, and its one of the best cars in every comparison from its class. I have test drove the other ones in its class and this is really the best. When I drive this car, I am 6.2ft and 260 pounds. This car dosent feel "cramped" when driving. The performace for this size car is excellent!! interior room is excellent!!! Overall this car is probally not gonna be traded in anytime soon! For any one who loves modifying, your gonna love it even more!! its even prewired for fog lights (SL and some S), and a rear spoiler!! come on, thats nice!! I was hesitent to buy a nissan, not knowing anything about them, but Im glad I did, and you would be too!!!

Good Civic Corolla alternative.
By ZYZEX on 11/06/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Roomy-ness and comfortable interior in small car for tall people describes the overall driving experience. The quality of Nissan is much improved than I remembered. I feel the effects of the merger with Renault. There is a blend of European design cues mixed with Asian. Front seats are high of the floor like in a Jetta. You comfortably sit with your knees bent, not straight like in a sports car. At 6'3" I find plenty of head room. Did not come with a stock radio for $1k more. Install a way better one, for not even half.

Great car for tall men
By John on 11/05/09 10:22 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am 6'3" tall. I was looking for a small, fuel efficient, reliable car that was as comfortable as possible. I tried Honda's, Toyota's, Hyundai's, Fords, Chevey's, Susuki's and Nissan's. Of all, the Nissan Versa was by far the most comfortable-lots of legroom, headroom, backseat room, a quiet interior and comfortable front and back seats. It also sits higher off the ground so when you get out of the car you don't have to hold onto the edges of the door frame to pull yourself up and out of the car - something that gets real old after a few days. And Consumer Reports gave most of the car's components a "Well Above Average" rating for durability. Plus the most inexpensive and great mileage!

this car is 5 stars
By senojdr2 on 10/24/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

For the price this car won't be equaled, any time soon. I have tested mileage, and got 32.5 city, 33.5 with both. I am sure of even higher mileage on highway. Any one looking for great quality comfort ride won't be disappointed! The sedan I now drive is the overall best car I have ever owned. I am 75, and have seen my share of cars. Try and buy.

5 stars
By senojdr2 on 10/20/09 10:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a dream car,The price is extremely low for a great performing automobile. My only complaint is lack of radio.I think this is a game to increase price.I ordered a Sony CD radio for a total price 151.24. Will pay 40-50 installation. Versa comes prewired except a radio. Ebay tell me of 200.00 saving over Nissan's radios.

Awesome ride !
By ncdude on 10/02/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Ford Taurus died on me and I was shopping around for a midsized sedan with good gas mileage. I researched and test drove a Versa, Corolla, Elantra, and Spectra. Although I could get in an Elantra and Spectra for a bit cheaper, I went with the Versa because we liked it so much after test drive. Much better leg room in the rear (compared to the other cars) and a very comfy ride. The Versa handles very well, is fun to drive, and looks quite sporty (mine is red). We really like the extra features of the SL model (since we have 2 small boys). So far, I've gotten excellent MPG. I also qualified for a "green" loan from my Credit Union, due to the combined MPG of the Versa being over 29 MPG.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan in VA is:

$119 per month*