2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
The Worst Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By mandj123 on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and from the moment I bought it I have had problems. It has been to the dealer multiple times, and when I say multiple I mean way too many to count. I have had start up issues since I bought the vehicle, which leads me to believe that the fuel pump is bad, I have alignment problems, I have a car alarm that works sometimes but not at other times, the material on the interior doors has been falling off for some time now, the car makes noises when I turn, and worst of all and most recent the piece of junk is having transmission problems at just 25,000 miles and the dealer cannot fix it. I hate this car, don't think of buying one its a nightmare.

Great Value
By havingfun on 08/31/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with this purchase. A 2009 Hatchback S with CD player, AC and automatic for $11,500. The engine is so quiet, enough rev for rush hour traffic. Decent sound system and so much space inside. It's the perfect commuter car plus the space to throw the kids, recyclables, and the pets inside when needed. You won't be disappointed. The mpg quoted around 33 seems exact to me. Remembering my 1995 Altima as the best car ever, hoping Versa picks up the torch.

Great car for the Price
By sluguy on 08/15/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought Versa Hatchback for my wife and found the car to be such a good deal I bought one for myself 2 months later. Currently have 12,000 miles on each car and only problem we have had is a nail in one tire on wife's Versa. Took trip to St. Louis and found the Versa to be quiet,comfortable and great gas mileage. Got 36 MPG on the highway. I would highly recommend the Versa for the consumers who are looking for a great car for a reasonable price.

Poorly built/poorly designed
By RB on 07/19/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is mediocre at best. Very poor quality, the interior molding and panels started coming off withing a few months, despite being well-taken cared of. Interior also awkwardly designed and made of cheap material, seats very uncomfortable, dash is dimly lit, useless cup holders, This vehicle is surprisingly low quality for a Nissan.

Great car after 1 year
By jason438 on 07/17/10 04:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I wrote a review a while ago, and thought I would follow-up one year later. I love this car more and more with each day! I live in Montreal, and the car handled very well on slippery roads in the winter. Thanks to the high ground clearance, it is also very good at getting through snow. Fuel economy is not as good as a Fit or a Yaris, but it has definitely improved since the car was broken it. Air conditioning is very cold, and this car is always comfortable to drive. Absolutely no problems to report after 1 year and 38,000 km (23,750 miles)

Great car so far only 6 months in
By Aidan on 05/29/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Compared to my former car a late 90's escort this is a whole different class of vehicle lol. Acceleration is good with the manual even with the A/C on. Cabin is very nice, roomy and mostly quality plastics are used. I don't like the A/C/Heat knobs they feel weak. Tons of storage with the back seats down. I'm getting on average 30 mpg best is around 32 worst being 28! Stereo is decent as are the speakers, glove box has tons of storage & there are tons of other places to hide stuff! Overall for what I paid I feel I got more than what the competition had on offer if you just want to go from home to work and back. Even on the interstate this car was comfortable, solid and quiet at speed.

No gas mileage
By Curious on 05/12/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought this vehicle new off the dealers lot. It had 57 miles. We now have 620 miles and have filled up 3 times already. It is rated at 32 highway and 24 city. Most of the mileage is highway so I would expect better than 19 mpg. The dealership says it has to break in to get better gas mileage. I have several trips planned in this car that will cost a fortune buying all this gas.

Same songe, two Versa(s)
By DD on 02/05/10 12:24 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my son a 2007 Versa Hatchback about a week ago; I loved it. I bought one for myself two days ago, a 2009 with 6k on it, with every option but a skating rink! (No fog lights, really.) The car has smooth acceleration and deceleration, good cornering, and is wonderfully quiet. Of all the small cars I looked at--Matrix, Corolla, Scion XB, XD, Nissan Sentra--the Versa has the very best leg room in the back. I just filled up yesterday, so I'm not sure about gas mileage I'll get.

Rear window defect
By Linda Baiz on 02/05/10 05:55 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Two days ago the rear window of my Versa shattered spontaneously. I had just started the vehicle but was not yet in gear. There was no evidence of a rock or bird strike. Nissan does not warranty broken windows and my insurance has a $500 deductible so I had to pay $386 for replacement.

Good Noise Reduction
By katsuko on 02/04/10 20:40 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it 4 months ago and i traveled out of state and found that it had good noise reduction. Inside is very quiet and when i opened the window in the highway, thats when i realized it is very quiet inside. I bought a standard no powerlock/window with auto trans and ac and found that it only gets 25-26 miles per gallon in it. Next time i get the more expensive one to get more mpg. I will get the cvt instead. don't get the basic if u want more mpg. Turning is good and brake is good too. the seat is high which is good because i realized it when i was at my friend car. PLus it is very roomy inside and i lov it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback in VA is:

$123 per month*