2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
very happy
By jbull1930 on 12/24/10 13:51 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car used with around 32000 miles.i did a lot of research before purchasing and decided this was the best choice for me . i am thrilled with its performance. made a long road trip and the comfort level was the same as a full size car. gas mileage wasaround 28 miles per gallon . i love everything about this car.

very reliable
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

i've owned this car for 5 months i like the cabin space its as large as some mid sized cars, the engine is very peppy no problem getting on the hgwy. however it could use some storage other than the glove box , and the armrest is woefully inadequate,with that said ive yet to reach gas mileage north of 30 mpg oh and the seats are very firm. overall a good car ,but i really love the cvt transmission a big departure from small cars , the way it pulls thru the gears seamlessly.

Good on gas
By Dave on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought vehicle new based on price and estimated mileage. So far, has been extremely reliable, comfortable for a small car and actually somewhat fun to drive. For a small car, it actually is quite large and has an underpowered engine. But that's where the fun comes in. Keeping the engine in the optimum rpm range for performance and economy is a game I play. If you really know how to drive a manual it's a kick. The biggest benefit of all is the gas mileage. I've kept track since new and I'm averaging over 35 mpg. That's combined driving not highway. The only negative thing I have to say about this car is that the air conditioning is not cold enough for my liking.

Consider instead of paying for the H
By DenverDailyDriver on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm not sure where car magazines got it into their head that the premiere concern of most drivers is 'fun'. Fun driving in a stop-and-go city you probably mean gunning it to the next light and cutting people off. Whee! You want fun, Mazda 3 makes more sense. For those of us who have commute on a city grid and not pick of a stable of autos, the Versa does great and is probably a better fit than the Fit. Edmunds admits in their Fit review: "However, more comfort-minded consumers may better appreciate the Nissan's quieter cabin, cushier seats and higher available feature content." I saved myself $3000 over Fit prices, have more horsepower and more torque, and a 7 yr ext. warranty.

Superior interior room to competition
By Louie on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Versa last year in order to visit my grandson about 6 hours away. It has performed very well and reliably. It has 22k miles with only one service call for check engine which was just a sensor. My Versa is an S with a hatchback, 1.8L engine, automatic, power windows, ABS and cruise control. I am so glad that it has these options as it has made this car so comfortable over the long haul.

The Worst Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By mandj123 on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and from the moment I bought it I have had problems. It has been to the dealer multiple times, and when I say multiple I mean way too many to count. I have had start up issues since I bought the vehicle, which leads me to believe that the fuel pump is bad, I have alignment problems, I have a car alarm that works sometimes but not at other times, the material on the interior doors has been falling off for some time now, the car makes noises when I turn, and worst of all and most recent the piece of junk is having transmission problems at just 25,000 miles and the dealer cannot fix it. I hate this car, don't think of buying one its a nightmare.

First car
By John on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It's a simple little car nothing special but I have gotten from girls that it's cute and they like it. It even has a cute name. Great for the price.

Love my Versa
By Love my Versa on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First time ever buying a car and a new driver. I love the way my versa rides. It is comfortable. I can see everything around me and I only have to fill my tank I also look good in it. Good Job Nissan!

Great Value
By havingfun on 08/31/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with this purchase. A 2009 Hatchback S with CD player, AC and automatic for $11,500. The engine is so quiet, enough rev for rush hour traffic. Decent sound system and so much space inside. It's the perfect commuter car plus the space to throw the kids, recyclables, and the pets inside when needed. You won't be disappointed. The mpg quoted around 33 seems exact to me. Remembering my 1995 Altima as the best car ever, hoping Versa picks up the torch.

Great car for the Price
By sluguy on 08/15/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought Versa Hatchback for my wife and found the car to be such a good deal I bought one for myself 2 months later. Currently have 12,000 miles on each car and only problem we have had is a nail in one tire on wife's Versa. Took trip to St. Louis and found the Versa to be quiet,comfortable and great gas mileage. Got 36 MPG on the highway. I would highly recommend the Versa for the consumers who are looking for a great car for a reasonable price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$119 per month*