Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Versatile Versa
By MetallicMoment

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my old 1995 Nissan 4X4 king cab for the 2009 Versa 1.6 L sedan with ABS and AC (cash for clunkers) The Versa is very comfortable, quiet, and very peppy on the road. Happy to have the AC and the ABS, no radio though. I got 400 miles on the 13.2 gallon fuel tank, not too shabby and that is with the AC on and in a lot of stop and go traffic. Looked at the Yaris but it was more expensive and not as comfortable or quiet and considerably less roomy. The Honda Fit was also less comfortable and less roomy plus more expensive. The Versa may not be flashy looking but it covers all the bases and then some.

Comfortable seating, roominess, peppy engine, quiet cab, very agile on the road. Very luxurious!

How about a 1.4 L engine for even better fuel economy.

Fun Car
By Justin

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have only owned this car for 2 months but I am extremely happy with it. I am 6' 4" and fit in it just fine. This site really helped in my decision to purchase it. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a good fun car at a fair price.

Keyless entry/ignition. The CVT transmission.

Nothing

Exceeds My Expectations!
By Meshella

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have to admit, I cried when my husband traded in our 02 VW Beetle for this car. This is my first Nissan and I am VERY impressed by the quality of this car. The ride is smooth and quiet, plenty of head and leg room for everyone to fit comfortably, and amenities galore you would not expect to find on such a well priced car ($18,400)! We have close to 8K miles on our SL Versa. The gas mileage went from OK (27 mpg) to GREAT (32) as it becomes more broken in. We have every option imaginable, sunroof, bluetooth, remote keyless entry/ignition, cruise, CVT, stero upgrade with AUX port, steering controls, power everything, sporty body kit upgrade and no problem with any of it.

All the gadgety options that are available on this entry level car. GAS MILEAGE! Overall price. Comfort of the seats. The height of the vehicle almost makes it feel like a crossover and makes it easy to get in and out of.

The back seats don't fold down completely leaving about a 2" hump. The whole car could afford to be a tiny bit wider. The only reason I didn't give this car a perfect 10 is because it's not a "performance" car and "Fun to Drive" for me = FAST. It does very well for its class though!

Great MPG, Quiet, Comfortable, Quality
By Kraken

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Brand new 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6L / 5spd Sedan. Miles per gallons is underrated. With a combination of freeway and city street driving we are getting over 40 miles per gallon as an average. 400+miles with only 10 gallons of gas! So on the highway the mileage is probably well over 40mpg. This 1.6L sips gas even with the A/C on. Not only that but this 1.6L engine accelerates pretty well for it's size. Is surprisingly roomy for it's size as well. Fits 4 adults comfortably. Handles well, very much like a VW Golf or similar. Quiet engine and quiet ride.

40+MPG Comfortable to driver or ride even for a large male. Good quality for it's price range. Quiet engine and quiet ride.

Different gearing for the 5spd so RPMs are lower at highway speeds or make 6spd standard. Make CD players, Anti-lock, and A/C standard, not options.

Cash for Clunkers Buy
By Dave Shane

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Versa Sedan 1.6 with 5 speed manual transmission and A/C with ABS through the "Cash for Clunkers" program. I wanted the least expensive car out there that had A/C and that an adult could fit into. I've owned Nissan's before and I know they make a better product. This car is made for practical adults. It has plenty of safety features and a lot of interior room. The truck is very roomy for vacation travel. For the kid in me, I do enjoy winding it up and going through the gears. It isn't a speed demon but I can get through traffic with ease if I'm running late.

I purchased the Versa in August 09 in South Carolina. The temps are in the high 80's to low 90's. The A/C works well and keeps the car cool, if not just plan cold. Even with the A/C running all the time at full blast, the car got 29 MPG on the first tank of gas in city driving.

1) The front seats take some getting used to. They are not that comfortable to me. They need more padding. 2) The horn is a little squeaker. I replaced mine with the one from my "clunkers" trade-in. 3) A key hole is needed on the passenger side. 4) Put gas tank on the Driver's side.