Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

this car is 5 stars
By senojdr2

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

For the price this car won't be equaled, any time soon. I have tested mileage, and got 32.5 city, 33.5 with both. I am sure of even higher mileage on highway. Any one looking for great quality comfort ride won't be disappointed! The sedan I now drive is the overall best car I have ever owned. I am 75, and have seen my share of cars. Try and buy.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride great gas mileage will be only topped by electric cars. Automatic is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Up graded lacking features radio, temp in and out, compass, vanity mirror. Now car is first class, ready to go.

5 stars
By senojdr2

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a dream car,The price is extremely low for a great performing automobile. My only complaint is lack of radio.I think this is a game to increase price.I ordered a Sony CD radio for a total price 151.24. Will pay 40-50 installation. Versa comes prewired except a radio. Ebay tell me of 200.00 saving over Nissan's radios.

Favorite Features

Very large interior.Seats are extremely comfortable. terrific ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Biggest flaw is NO radio.

Awesome ride !
By ncdude

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Ford Taurus died on me and I was shopping around for a midsized sedan with good gas mileage. I researched and test drove a Versa, Corolla, Elantra, and Spectra. Although I could get in an Elantra and Spectra for a bit cheaper, I went with the Versa because we liked it so much after test drive. Much better leg room in the rear (compared to the other cars) and a very comfy ride. The Versa handles very well, is fun to drive, and looks quite sporty (mine is red). We really like the extra features of the SL model (since we have 2 small boys). So far, I've gotten excellent MPG. I also qualified for a "green" loan from my Credit Union, due to the combined MPG of the Versa being over 29 MPG.

Favorite Features

Smooth-quiet ride, comfortable seats, great MPG, roomy (doesn't feel like you're in a smaller car), great trunk space, sporty...etc.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that even comes close to a complaint would be with the front head rests. I think they are angled down a bit too much. But I understand they are that way for optimal safety settings.

underated
By jj

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my versa for the most part for the price and also the room. I am 6'3" tall, and it is difficult to find a comfortable small car. The Versa fits the bill. We liked the Versa so much that three months later we purchased another, this time the HB. Love them both. If you have the extra money- spring for the power option, my 1.6 has only A/C and it is very inconvenient to have no power locks or windows, although a small price to pay, for such a solid built, fuel efficient, comfortable car at that price.

Favorite Features

PRICE $$

Suggested Improvements

The ability to unlock the passenger side door from the outside.

great car for the money
By paul

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

traded a 2002 elantra with 160k and wanted another one but the hyundia dealer wasn't moving on the price. Stumbled on to the Versa and got a great deal. Excellent on gas and comfortable too.

Favorite Features

interior room

Suggested Improvements

better cloth on seats