2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Nissan Should Be Ashamed
By Disappointed on 01/22/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first new car, it has been driven for a year and I am considering trading it in. For a buyer that was supposedly making an upgrade from a 295,000 mile 1991 Toyota Previa I am truly disappointed. The car has been in the shop for major repairs like a malfunctioning A/C condenser, and braking problems. I never had such problems with my Previa. The engine knocks pretty loud in the mornings too. Needless to say, this was one of the worst cars I've bought, and I cant get rid of it because the resale value on the Nissan Versa and Nissan Sentra drop like a stone once you drive them off the lot

Best sub-compact
By scribdraw on 01/18/09 08:08 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Versa is by far the best sub-compact on the road. Seats are thick and supportive and handling is great. Back seats don't lay as flat as the fit, but are much more comfortable and tons more leg room/head room. Cool features like bluetooth and I-key. Good price.

Versa 1.6 Best Car Deal
By John S. in CT on 01/14/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think it looks fantastic. I like the faceted look at the edges of the trunk and hood. Anyway, form should follow function, and this car is very functional - it has more back seat leg room than many much larger and more expensive cars. It also has one of the largest trunks (sedan) in it's class. I think it's great fun to drive. If you want the best combination of low price, good gas mileage, large interior and trunk room, I think the Versa 1.6 wins hands down. Just put in a radio/CD and go, it already has 4 spkrs.

Nissan Versa Dream Car
By nissan versa 09 on 12/27/08 23:31 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I got a Nissan Versa 09 in Aug 08. I love my car. I have purchased 4 cars in the past 10 years and was looking for that perfect fit.

Nissan - get with the times!
By Monica on 11/20/08 07:11 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a cute car but I do not understand why Nissan does not make the aux port on the radio (for mp3 players) standard on all vehicles, especially the Versa which is priced for the younger crowd. The standard radio has a six CD changer, but who listens to CDs anymore? Seriously. Also, there is no armrest in the center for the right arm, which is mildly annoying, and there are no map lights which is pretty dumb. I'm not looking for luxury, but it would be nice if Nissan would be ahead of the curve on the cultural zeitgeist. Other vehicles in this category come with the aux port standard. When I asked how to upgrade the radio they said I couldn't do it.

Breaking in our 2009 Versa SL CVT
By Bombero on 11/19/08 13:05 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Got best gas miles on a trip to casino. Oct 30 2008 188 divided by 8.3 = 22.6 @259.9 per gallon 00188 Nov 11 2008 133 divided by 5.7= 23.3 @ 2.35 per gallon 00322 After trip to casino using cruise control first time above 45 mph Nov 11 2008 133.4 divided 3.2 = 41.6 Wow... no hills... 00456 Still driving easy for the first 1000 miles.

An Excellent Car for the Price
By ksmith45 on 11/17/08 06:35 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

For its price, this car is undeniably a great deal. The hatchback is sporty in appearance, the interior is incredibly spacious for its overall size and the interior is very well designed. While the car is considered a compact by class, it doesn't feel so while driving as its 1.8 L engine has plenty of power for the car, and the transmission has almost seamless smooth transitions. Overall, this car is perfect for people who want a sporty commute to work and great fuel efficiency.

Improve the CVT
By Rob on 11/12/08 06:24 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We loved the car at first. Have had numerous mechanical issues, sluggish cvt (still a problem, dealer indicated that we should change our 35 years of driving approach) hard starting, rpm to low at 40 mpg, all 4 tires were defective and needed to be replaced. Service to fix was slow at best. Very disappointing. No follow up from Nissan after purchase, regarding purchase experience and performance of the Versa.

Nice car
By Eric on 11/08/08 12:32 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The car is comfortable, peppy, and quiet. Fun to drive. Very easy to clutch and shift. The back seat is very roomy, more than you would expect. The pros rate it as just a blah, so-so car. But they always compare it to another one that is 2-4 thousand more. It seems they do not have to listen to their bank account telling them a little compromise is OK. About the only thing you have to get used to is that on the highway, doing 65-70 mph, even in 6th gear, the engine RPM are about 3K, so you always think you still have to upshift.

Steering Wheel problem, rattling noise
By nick on 11/08/08 04:17 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Steering wheel rattles everytime I enter exit driveways, bumpy parking lots, when turning left and right. I have this being checked since the first two months of my maintenance and no one could fix it. I think this is a factory defect parts. Services in 2 dealerships have failed my satisfaction already. I have email Nissan Canada, nobody seems to care. So I from now on, after that I could dispose this vehicle, no more Nissan for me. That's it. I'd rather buy a bit higher priced car than with this brand.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$119 per month*