Used 2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Beautiful
By Geared2Go

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's been said that it's goofy looking but I think it's grown up looking inside and out. It's quiet and is a nice commuter car in comfort. Huge trunk you could fit a body in. Lots of style. Mine's loaded with goodies from bluetooth, upgraded speakers, keyless entry and start, power everything. I love my new car.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, 6 cd changer, ipod socket, keyless entry and start, roomy interior and sporty exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders not in a really convenient place.

Awesome ride !
By ncdude

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Ford Taurus died on me and I was shopping around for a midsized sedan with good gas mileage. I researched and test drove a Versa, Corolla, Elantra, and Spectra. Although I could get in an Elantra and Spectra for a bit cheaper, I went with the Versa because we liked it so much after test drive. Much better leg room in the rear (compared to the other cars) and a very comfy ride. The Versa handles very well, is fun to drive, and looks quite sporty (mine is red). We really like the extra features of the SL model (since we have 2 small boys). So far, I've gotten excellent MPG. I also qualified for a "green" loan from my Credit Union, due to the combined MPG of the Versa being over 29 MPG.

Favorite Features

Smooth-quiet ride, comfortable seats, great MPG, roomy (doesn't feel like you're in a smaller car), great trunk space, sporty...etc.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that even comes close to a complaint would be with the front head rests. I think they are angled down a bit too much. But I understand they are that way for optimal safety settings.

Nice car but little bit TOO basic
By ShortnSassy

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We already have a car payment, so we decided to get just the basic Versa with only air condition and auto transmission add-ons. When it comes to Nissan's 'basic', be careful because there are a few things we didn't notice until after buying the car. No way to adjust the side mirrors from inside, no clock and the thing that we were most disappointed about is, there is no key hole on the passenger side. You can't unlock the door from the passenger side! What if someone parked so close to your driver's door that you couldn't get in? Well, then your out of luck because there's no other way to get in the car.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, comfortable seats, quiet ride and the beautiful dark-blue color

Suggested Improvements

There should be handles inside the car to adjust the side mirrors and you should be able to unlock the door on the passenger side in case that's the only way to get in. That's really stupid to leave out something so important.