Used 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Not for Montana driving
By Shelli Roufley

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven front wheel drive little cars in Mt. for almost 30 years, putting on at least 30,000 miles a year. This is the worst car I have ever driven in snow and ice. Regretting this purchase. :(

My 2009 has been great
By rock2014

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new - actually right off the truck - in 2009.

For the first six years I drove 100 miles round trip to work each day, and now have about 172,000 miles.

For the past year I've lived just 1.5 miles from work, so the car is getting fewer miles. It has needed nothing but routine maintenance - because I baby it, we're still on the original brakes.

My wife and two daughters preferred traveling in this instead of our Ford Taurus - more roomy, especially in the back.

Bottom line - especially if you're looking for what Edmunds calls a reliable "appliance" car, I've never had anything better than this.

Good on gas
By Dave

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought vehicle new based on price and estimated mileage. So far, has been extremely reliable, comfortable for a small car and actually somewhat fun to drive. For a small car, it actually is quite large and has an underpowered engine. But that's where the fun comes in. Keeping the engine in the optimum rpm range for performance and economy is a game I play. If you really know how to drive a manual it's a kick. The biggest benefit of all is the gas mileage. I've kept track since new and I'm averaging over 35 mpg. That's combined driving not highway. The only negative thing I have to say about this car is that the air conditioning is not cold enough for my liking.

Love my Versa
By Love my Versa

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First time ever buying a car and a new driver. I love the way my versa rides. It is comfortable. I can see everything around me and I only have to fill my tank I also look good in it. Good Job Nissan!

Good mileage, Look goo

Arm rest

1.6 base sedan review
By brkrotke

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for about six months now, and haven't had any issues. I average 35 mpg with 75% city/ 25% highway, which is great in my opinion. Feels refined when you drive it, and it shifts smoothly. I'm 6'4" and I fit perfectly inside.

Low price, refinement, mpg

Lower gearing for the highway (3k rpm @ 60 mph) Because it sounds like I'm over-revving the engine at that speed.