2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Best affordable car ever.
By knot2b4got10 on 05/12/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I picked the Nissan Versa because of how comfortable it was, because it was several thousand cheaper than any comparable car (say the honda fit) and because of the insane amount of room on the inside. Even though it feels like a compact car, I feel like I have the space of a small SUV. I'm not sure what people are talking about it being not fun to drive. Anyone that has driven my car has mentioned how great my car handles and it has great pick up. I feel like I zip and zoom in it. I would recommend this car to anyone who does not want to fork over a bunch of money for bells and whistles but wants the most practical and comfortable car for the price.

very happy
By jbull1930 on 12/24/10 13:51 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car used with around 32000 miles.i did a lot of research before purchasing and decided this was the best choice for me . i am thrilled with its performance. made a long road trip and the comfort level was the same as a full size car. gas mileage wasaround 28 miles per gallon . i love everything about this car.

Good on gas
By Dave on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought vehicle new based on price and estimated mileage. So far, has been extremely reliable, comfortable for a small car and actually somewhat fun to drive. For a small car, it actually is quite large and has an underpowered engine. But that's where the fun comes in. Keeping the engine in the optimum rpm range for performance and economy is a game I play. If you really know how to drive a manual it's a kick. The biggest benefit of all is the gas mileage. I've kept track since new and I'm averaging over 35 mpg. That's combined driving not highway. The only negative thing I have to say about this car is that the air conditioning is not cold enough for my liking.

First car
By John on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It's a simple little car nothing special but I have gotten from girls that it's cute and they like it. It even has a cute name. Great for the price.

Love my Versa
By Love my Versa on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First time ever buying a car and a new driver. I love the way my versa rides. It is comfortable. I can see everything around me and I only have to fill my tank I also look good in it. Good Job Nissan!

Pretty good for the $$
By William Dodd on 07/11/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a good and reliable car since purchased about a year and a half ago. Gas mileage and passenger space is good. Handling, especially in strong winds, is not the best. Tiring to drive on long trips.

1.6 base sedan review
By brkrotke on 06/27/10 18:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for about six months now, and haven't had any issues. I average 35 mpg with 75% city/ 25% highway, which is great in my opinion. Feels refined when you drive it, and it shifts smoothly. I'm 6'4" and I fit perfectly inside.

So far so good
By Tanyarmorris on 05/28/10 03:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I went from having a Jeep Wrangler with a 4 inch lift to this little car at my husbands suggestion (saving $ on fuel, of course). I was extremely hesitant until I drove the car. It's fun to drive with plenty of room for my kids and a trunk large enough to fit several bodies in.

Beautiful
By Geared2Go on 05/16/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's been said that it's goofy looking but I think it's grown up looking inside and out. It's quiet and is a nice commuter car in comfort. Huge trunk you could fit a body in. Lots of style. Mine's loaded with goodies from bluetooth, upgraded speakers, keyless entry and start, power everything. I love my new car.

Nissan Versa Sedan Great Car
By john cooke on 02/23/10 16:19 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it the end of March 2009. Just wanted cheap transportation with good gas mileage. Got it. More room than anyone would imagine for a small car. I get 33 MPG in the winter and consistently 37 in the summer. My wife has a Honda Civic. I like the Nissan better. Great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*