Used 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

My 2009 has been great
By rock2014

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new - actually right off the truck - in 2009. I drive 100 miles round trip to work each day, and now have about 155,000 miles. The car has needed nothing but routine maintenance - because I baby it, we're still on the original brakes. My wife and two daughters preferred traveling in this instead of our Ford Taurus - more roomy, especially in the back. Bottom line - especially if you're looking for what Edmunds calls a reliable "appliance" car, I've never had anything better than this.

Best affordable car ever.
By knot2b4got10

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I picked the Nissan Versa because of how comfortable it was, because it was several thousand cheaper than any comparable car (say the honda fit) and because of the insane amount of room on the inside. Even though it feels like a compact car, I feel like I have the space of a small SUV. I'm not sure what people are talking about it being not fun to drive. Anyone that has driven my car has mentioned how great my car handles and it has great pick up. I feel like I zip and zoom in it. I would recommend this car to anyone who does not want to fork over a bunch of money for bells and whistles but wants the most practical and comfortable car for the price.

Seat cushions, amount of space.

Would like to see automatic locks, windows, and ABS in the base model of the car.

very happy
By jbull1930

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car used with around 32000 miles.i did a lot of research before purchasing and decided this was the best choice for me . i am thrilled with its performance. made a long road trip and the comfort level was the same as a full size car. gas mileage wasaround 28 miles per gallon . i love everything about this car.

the gas mileage and the quietness while driving.

hubcap fell off , heard this was a problem with these niissans

Good on gas
By Dave

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought vehicle new based on price and estimated mileage. So far, has been extremely reliable, comfortable for a small car and actually somewhat fun to drive. For a small car, it actually is quite large and has an underpowered engine. But that's where the fun comes in. Keeping the engine in the optimum rpm range for performance and economy is a game I play. If you really know how to drive a manual it's a kick. The biggest benefit of all is the gas mileage. I've kept track since new and I'm averaging over 35 mpg. That's combined driving not highway. The only negative thing I have to say about this car is that the air conditioning is not cold enough for my liking.

First car
By John

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It's a simple little car nothing special but I have gotten from girls that it's cute and they like it. It even has a cute name. Great for the price.

Pretty good stock speakers