Used 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

So Far So Good
By Pat

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car is now 7 years old w/65k miles. Purchased one year ago from an elderly family member who bought it new. Versa reliability a mixed bag from what I've read. I'm more into Toyota quality but this car came available at a great price. So far no major issues. Had to change out one strut. Still on the original set of brakes. Seems to be easy on tires. Averages about 30 MPG. Drives out pretty good. No speed demon but adequate. My impression is this is a decent economy car that does everything well. Time will tell if it lasts.

Pros: Great visibility, decent MPG, fold down rear seats.

Cons: Electronic steering, jittery on the highway, engine noisy when pushed.

Not for Montana driving
By Shelli Roufley

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven front wheel drive little cars in Mt. for almost 30 years, putting on at least 30,000 miles a year. This is the worst car I have ever driven in snow and ice. Regretting this purchase. :(

My 2009 has been great
By rock2014

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new - actually right off the truck - in 2009.

For the first six years I drove 100 miles round trip to work each day, and now have about 172,000 miles.

For the past year I've lived just 1.5 miles from work, so the car is getting fewer miles. It has needed nothing but routine maintenance - because I baby it, we're still on the original brakes.

My wife and two daughters preferred traveling in this instead of our Ford Taurus - more roomy, especially in the back.

Bottom line - especially if you're looking for what Edmunds calls a reliable "appliance" car, I've never had anything better than this.

Best affordable car ever.
By knot2b4got10

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I picked the Nissan Versa because of how comfortable it was, because it was several thousand cheaper than any comparable car (say the honda fit) and because of the insane amount of room on the inside. Even though it feels like a compact car, I feel like I have the space of a small SUV. I'm not sure what people are talking about it being not fun to drive. Anyone that has driven my car has mentioned how great my car handles and it has great pick up. I feel like I zip and zoom in it. I would recommend this car to anyone who does not want to fork over a bunch of money for bells and whistles but wants the most practical and comfortable car for the price.

Seat cushions, amount of space.

Would like to see automatic locks, windows, and ABS in the base model of the car.

very happy
By jbull1930

2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car used with around 32000 miles.i did a lot of research before purchasing and decided this was the best choice for me . i am thrilled with its performance. made a long road trip and the comfort level was the same as a full size car. gas mileage wasaround 28 miles per gallon . i love everything about this car.

the gas mileage and the quietness while driving.

hubcap fell off , heard this was a problem with these niissans