Used 2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Cheap Materials
By pinoybboy2004

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Broken Springs Besides the fact that I overpaid for a whopping 3 year warranty the effort of Nissan to rectify any portion of this incident is non existent. It is sickening to think when I am driving that such a poor quality product is considered acceptable by Nissan. There are several complaints on forums and other consumer websites reporting this same safety issue with Versa springs sheering off completely. Don't let your family drive a Versa.

Hatchback, Gas Mileage, Steering Wheel Layout

Springs, Sensors, Wheel Hubs, Stock Tires, Warranty, Customer Service, Warranty.

ROOMY, LOTS OF PICKUP...
By capergal

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Really good mileage - lots of pep on the highway. A little concerned with the braking - mine tends to go an extra foot or so before completely stopping even after brake is fully applied. Dealer says there's no problem. Also, the CVT, although supposedly good for mileage, takes some getting used to. I'm still on the fence about that. On inclines, it does help to slow you down without braking, but this feature isn't always helpful on level ground. As soon as you take your foot off the gas pedal, there's little "coasting" - it stops much quicker than any other car I've driven. Not so sure I like this feature.

Love the roomy interior - lots of leg room. Even the cargo area is spacious considering it's a hatchback. The privacy lid over cargo is nice too. Love the 5 disk cd player! Plenty of cup holders including in the back seat arm rest which can fold down between passengers. I like the look of the exterior as well. Like the in-door storage and cup holders. The gas tank locator arrow next to the warning light is a welcome feature esp. after buying a new car.

The electric mirror switch needs to be moved higher on the panel. Because it is so low down, when I adjust my mirrors and sit back, they need further adjusting. Unless you have arms like an orangutan, this just isn't practical. Centre console is very inadequate - not much room for storing essentials. Cargo nets or pockets on the backs of the front seats would be welcome.

very reliable
By Anonymous

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

i've owned this car for 5 months i like the cabin space its as large as some mid sized cars, the engine is very peppy no problem getting on the hgwy. however it could use some storage other than the glove box , and the armrest is woefully inadequate,with that said ive yet to reach gas mileage north of 30 mpg oh and the seats are very firm. overall a good car ,but i really love the cvt transmission a big departure from small cars , the way it pulls thru the gears seamlessly.

aluminum rims, keyless entry, cvt transmission

armrest, storage for change etc.leg room

The Worst Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By mandj123

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and from the moment I bought it I have had problems. It has been to the dealer multiple times, and when I say multiple I mean way too many to count. I have had start up issues since I bought the vehicle, which leads me to believe that the fuel pump is bad, I have alignment problems, I have a car alarm that works sometimes but not at other times, the material on the interior doors has been falling off for some time now, the car makes noises when I turn, and worst of all and most recent the piece of junk is having transmission problems at just 25,000 miles and the dealer cannot fix it. I hate this car, don't think of buying one its a nightmare.

My favorite feature is the gas mileage, when the car actually works

Remove the vehicle from production and give everyone their money back that bought one.

No gas mileage
By Curious

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought this vehicle new off the dealers lot. It had 57 miles. We now have 620 miles and have filled up 3 times already. It is rated at 32 highway and 24 city. Most of the mileage is highway so I would expect better than 19 mpg. The dealership says it has to break in to get better gas mileage. I have several trips planned in this car that will cost a fortune buying all this gas.

Room and more room.

I can only hope Nissan can improve the gas mileage on this car.