2009 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Cheap Materials
By pinoybboy2004 on 05/09/14 21:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Broken Springs Besides the fact that I overpaid for a whopping 3 year warranty the effort of Nissan to rectify any portion of this incident is non existent. It is sickening to think when I am driving that such a poor quality product is considered acceptable by Nissan. There are several complaints on forums and other consumer websites reporting this same safety issue with Versa springs sheering off completely. Don't let your family drive a Versa.

Sad to post...
By jasonmontreal on 02/08/13 02:42 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

For 50,000 km (about 30,000 miles) my Versa was perfect. Then one day the problems started.... 1) Car started to make diesel-like noise every time I accelerated. I took it to the dealer and they informed me there was a crack in the pistons. Result=a new engine at 50,000 km 2) Air conditioning pump failed about 5,000 km later. Dealer repaired under warranty 3) The final draw was this week, when the car wouldn't start and left me stranded in a parking lot at night. I had the car towed to the dealer where I learned that the fuel pump was finished. As the car is out of warranty, repairs were $700 I signed for a Toyota Corolla yesterday, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Economic Car Great for a College student
By seunghyeon00 on 11/28/12 00:16 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

First of all if your looking for a reliable car with great room interior AND small yet not feeling crushed in this is the car for you. I got this car from my parents in high school and I have been driving it ever since. I had it since 09 and no problems I take it to the dealer to get it serviced and my baby has not let me down.

Does it's Job...
By sigmaman99 on 05/29/12 18:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got this as a 2nd car for my 70 mile daily commute. Very basic car with no frills or excitement. For such a small car with a small engine I expected better gas mileage. Driving about 75 mph on the highway gets me about 27 mpg. Upgraded the stereo to a Pioneer DEH-6400BT because I needed hands-free bluetooth and iphone connectivity. Install on this car was very easy. Very impressed with the legroom. Overall this car does it's job which is get me to work and back.

first_time_user
By 033277 on 01/22/12 07:01 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just replaced my 2001 Ford Explorer Sports Trac with 225k miles, its the best move I have ever made. Presently, I'm going to average a little over 30 miles to the gallon...considering the winter conditions of WI and commuting. Big relief at the wallet! Reliability time will tell; will post more...

Accident Prone
By ameliaclaire on 12/05/11 13:36 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in a terrible wreck in my Versa. The car was totaled and all I suffered was a broken nail from the air bag. This car is incredibly safe and comfortable! As soon as I found it was totaled I told my mom that I needed help looking for another one, possibly a newer one. I absolutely love my Versa!

ROOMY, LOTS OF PICKUP...
By capergal on 07/19/11 09:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Really good mileage - lots of pep on the highway. A little concerned with the braking - mine tends to go an extra foot or so before completely stopping even after brake is fully applied. Dealer says there's no problem. Also, the CVT, although supposedly good for mileage, takes some getting used to. I'm still on the fence about that. On inclines, it does help to slow you down without braking, but this feature isn't always helpful on level ground. As soon as you take your foot off the gas pedal, there's little "coasting" - it stops much quicker than any other car I've driven. Not so sure I like this feature.

Best affordable car ever.
By knot2b4got10 on 05/12/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I picked the Nissan Versa because of how comfortable it was, because it was several thousand cheaper than any comparable car (say the honda fit) and because of the insane amount of room on the inside. Even though it feels like a compact car, I feel like I have the space of a small SUV. I'm not sure what people are talking about it being not fun to drive. Anyone that has driven my car has mentioned how great my car handles and it has great pick up. I feel like I zip and zoom in it. I would recommend this car to anyone who does not want to fork over a bunch of money for bells and whistles but wants the most practical and comfortable car for the price.

very happy
By jbull1930 on 12/24/10 13:51 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car used with around 32000 miles.i did a lot of research before purchasing and decided this was the best choice for me . i am thrilled with its performance. made a long road trip and the comfort level was the same as a full size car. gas mileage wasaround 28 miles per gallon . i love everything about this car.

very reliable
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

i've owned this car for 5 months i like the cabin space its as large as some mid sized cars, the engine is very peppy no problem getting on the hgwy. however it could use some storage other than the glove box , and the armrest is woefully inadequate,with that said ive yet to reach gas mileage north of 30 mpg oh and the seats are very firm. overall a good car ,but i really love the cvt transmission a big departure from small cars , the way it pulls thru the gears seamlessly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Versa in VA is:

$119 per month*