Versa SL Hatchback
By petrolhead85 on
2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
Mine is an SL with the tech and sport packages (i.e., every option available) So far I am very impressed with my Versa. I cross-shopped this car with the Fit, Rondo, Yaris, VW City Golf (Canada-only model) and even the Mazda 3. in the end it was between this and the Fit. I chose the Versa because it had a better interior and was better value for money. So far (~4000 miles) nothing has gone wrong and there hasn't even been the customary "mysterious new car dash squeak." It feels like I'm driving a high quality product and not an econobox. The CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but it really suits this engine and doesn't feel bogged down like the 4 spd auto in my '04 Sentra.
Favorite Features
Excellent quality interior for this class, even better than some more expensive cars. The 280 watt 7-speaker stereo sounds as good as my surround sound at home. Very easy to pull into tight parking spots. Ride quality is very good. Overall value for money compared to the competition.
Suggested Improvements
An SE-R type version is needed. The standard suspension is a bit too soft for fun cornering. The CVT could use a manual mode and it tends to hesitate at very low speed when I touch the accelerator.