2008 Nissan Versa 1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Versa Info

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Versa Info
By Bruce on

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

At 6'4" & 240 lbs, I actually fit in the Versa. The seat is a bit short for my long legs & not quite wide enough to accomodate my wide hips. My wife is 6' & the seats fit her fine. You can haul 2 six footers in the back without them feeling cramped. The Versa handles fine but the suspension is a bit choppy on rough roads. The Versa feels underbraked but I've been driving 1 ton & 3/4 ton trucks for 25 years so I am used to strong brakes. My first tank of fuel in all city driving yielded 27 mpg. At 2,000+ miles I am up to 29 mpg in the city. On a recent trip with a 700 lb payload & running 75 mph, I averaged 31.5 mpg. Versa's my first compact car & I would buy another. Lots of room for a compact!!

Favorite Features

The SL has all the bells & whistles. The front & rear windows de-fog fast, power windows, door locks & even power mirrors. The CVT is quite nice, no tranny shifts & enough zip to merge on to a fast moving freeway.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger brakes & a wider & longer seat pan. Versa needs window deflectors as water on the roof will run right on to your inside door.