2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Pleasant Surprise

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

Pleasant Surprise
By MrIcemaker on

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I originally purchased this vehicle as a means to lower my fuel costs my main vehicle was an F-350 diesel, and I commute 70 miles each day. In 18 months I would then turn it over to my daughter to drive. Since February, I have put just short of 9000 miles on the car (will put about 20,000 per year I am guessing), including a 16 hour (each way) trip to Reno NV (from Denver) without overnighting. That is a long time in a car, and I was surprised how comfortable it was. Plenty of power, excellent handling, and I averaged over 35 mpg on the trip at 75 mph set on the cruise control. I would not only recommend this car, I may buy another one in 18 months and keep this one for myself!

Roomy comfortable driver's seat (I am 6'3, 210# and have plenty of room). Surprising large interior (deceptively so). Great handling, and excellent power for a small vehicle. Front wheel drive also did well in the snow.

I miss not having a right side arm rest for the driver. Also, there are no interior map lights - only a dome light that illuminates the entire interior.